About The Position
Vermont Cider Company is seeking a self-motivated professional with proven managerial experience and an outstanding track record to fill the the role of Northeast Sales Director.
The Sales Director drives Vermont Cider Company (VCC) performance and achieves plan objectives by providing oversight of distributor management, wholesaler and retailer relations, retail execution, team performance and development in assigned specific geography. This position will serve as a direct point of contact for our regional sales team, and our distributor network, ensuring a focus on VCC volume and distribution goals, distributor and retail execution and leadership.
Areas of Responsibility
- Develop and implement a comprehensive annual operating plan for both the “On” and “Off” premise channels and manage the P&L to the identified targets.
- Achieve agreed upon sales and distribution targets in a specific strategic geography.
- Lead, coach and develop a high performing sales team that consistently delivers identified sales plans & targets across 11 states in the Northeast.
- Leading the distributor and retail management.
- Holding meetings with each distributor to review performance against goals, discuss marketing programs and plans for ongoing execution.
- Utilizing data from in-house systems as well as employing marketing tools to influence distributor focus.
- Participating in necessary trade events (industry, retail and/or consumer) such as wholesaler conferences, trade shows, events, etc.
- Analyzing sales information and ROI on specific marketing and trade efforts.
- Complying with all VCC policies and procedures, ensuring that all activities are conducted within local, state and federal laws.
On and Off-Premise Sales and Program Execution
- Develops and maintains strong customer relationships at all levels to maximize VCC opportunities for expanded sales execution
- Drives merchandising and POS execution and VCC standards
- Drives activity and volume output via price special and features negotiation
- Leads National and Local Program Implementation
- HQ calls on Regional and National Accounts
- Leads meaningful and impactful consumer interaction that drives local market buzz
- Collaborates with the Marketing Team on local sponsorship and special event execution
Administrative and Recapping Support
- Accountable for Weekly Recap & Monthly Recap
- Budget management for individual T&E and sales spend in your region
- Accountable for account visit recaps in Karma when working the trade
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in the beverage industry with DSD and 3 tier understanding
- A minimum of 8 years of sales experience required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or commensurate work experience
- National Account experience is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to coach, train, and motivate others
- Previous experience as a proven leader/mentor is required, including at least 3 years of experience managing people and overseeing direct reports
- 1-2 years of experience working with P&L and at least 3 years of experience managing budgets is required
- Driven for results and able to handle complexity and change
- Self starter motivated to succeed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required to ensure clear and concise communication with management, co-workers and vendors/distributors
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Power Point)
- Ability to travel as required
Vermont Cider Company provides a strong total compensation package, including bonus plan, insurance coverages, 401(k) plan with company matching, and paid time off. EOE Come join our team!
Vermont Cider Company is a leading beverage maker in the United States, with a state-of-the-art cidery located in Middlebury, Vermont. Vermont Cider Company crafts a variety of ciders and ready to drink cocktails for a range of consumers. There is iconic Woodchuck, fruit forward Wyder’s as well as the classic Magners Irish Cider and Blackthorn, rounding out our import offerings. Vermont Cider Company reinvigorated American hard cider in 1991, with the launch of Woodchuck, and stays focused on the category today through our commitment to crafting innovative and refreshing hard ciders. Most recently, in Summer 2021, Vermont Cider Company introduced Day Chaser, a spirit based RTD. For more information about Vermont Cider Company, please visit: www.vtciderco.com