About The Position
Vermont Cider Company is seeking an enthusiastic sales professional to form and maintain positive partnerships in our IL, IA markets.
Vermont Cider Company is a leading beverage maker in the United States, with a state-of-the-art cidery located in Middlebury, Vermont. Vermont Cider Company crafts a variety of ciders and ready to drink cocktails for a range of consumers. There is iconic Woodchuck, fruit forward Wyder’s as well as the classic Magners Irish Cider and Blackthorn, rounding out our import offerings. Vermont Cider Company reinvigorated American hard cider in 1991, with the launch of Woodchuck, and stays focused on the category today through our commitment to crafting innovative and refreshing hard ciders. Most recently, in Summer 2021, Vermont Cider Company introduced Day Chaser, a spirit based RTD. For more information about Vermont Cider Company, please visit: www.vtciderco.com.
We are seeking an enthusiastic sales professional to form and maintain positive partnerships in our IL and IA markets. Chicago, IL preferred home base.
The Area Sales Manager (ASM) drives Vermont Cider Company (VCC) performance and achieves plan objectives by providing oversight of distributor management, retail execution, brand performance and development in assigned geographic market. This position will serve as a direct point of contact for our distributor network, ensuring a focus on VCC volume and distribution goals, distributor and retail execution and leadership. The ASM is responsible for achieving the company’s sales efforts in the market by:
Areas of Responsibilities
- Providing the drive towards volume, distribution and visibility and ensuring a sustainable and profitable growth.
- Leading distributor and retail management through managing annual/quarterly/monthly business planning, executing short and long-term goals, “Work withs” (wholesaler reps and management), product placement, price management, chain program execution and on-premise promotions.
- Holding meetings with each distributor to review performance against goals, discuss marketing programs and plans for ongoing execution.
- Utilize data from in-house systems as well as employ marketing tools to influence distributor focus.
- Participate in necessary trade events (industry, retail and/or consumer) such as wholesaler conferences, trade shows, events, etc.
- Monitor assigned budgets to ensure that spending stays within budget and on strategy.
- Comply with all VCC policies and procedures, ensuring that all activities are conducted within local, state and federal laws.
- On and Off - Premise Sales and Program Execution
- Administrative and Recapping Support accountable for Monthly Recap, follow up to wholesalers, budget management for individual T&E and sales spend and time management against wholesalers based on volume and opportunity.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in the beverage industry with DSD and 3 tier understanding
- Possess the ability to work alone and make sound business decisions
- A minimum of 5 years of sales experience required
- Bachelor’s degree required or work experience equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to coach, train, and motivate others
- 1-2 years of experience working with P&L and at least 3 years of experience managing budgets is required
- Driven for results and able to handle complexity and change
- Propensity to learn
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required to ensure clear and concise communication with management, co-workers and vendors/distributors
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Power Point)
- Ability to travel as required
Vermont Cider Company offers a comprehensive benefits package that supports the health of you and your family.
- Health: Highly Competitive Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Core-Benefits: Life, Long Term Disability, & Employee Assistance Program paid by VCC
- Work/Life Balance: Paid Time Off (up to 3 weeks in 1st year) plus up to 10 paid holidays per year
- Financial Wellness: 401(k) Plan with Employer matching, Group Voluntary Benefits, Employee Product Allowance, & Scholarship Opportunities for children of employees
Equal Opportunity Employer