Production and Manufacturing
2015-01-01View Full Profile
About The Position
Vegan Rob's is a fast-growing snack company that continues to gain nationwide recognition with healthy plant-based products, such as Popcorn, Kettle Chips, Organic Sorghum Puffs and Crisps.
We are seeking a highly self-motivated and outgoing individual for a full time Field Sales Representative position.
As a Field Sales Representative, you will look after your geographical sales assigned territory, building relationships with local retailers, and ensure that our products are a core part of their success. You will be responsible for growing and maintaining sales in order to meet or exceed sales goals and customer satisfaction. You will be working independently for much of the time, so you will need to be self-motivated with the ability to manage your own time effectively to meet our goals. We will provide all the marketing tools and support you will need.
- Gain new accounts and case volume on a weekly basis and maintain business from existing accounts.
- Maintain relationships with existing customers.
- Keeps management informed by submitting weekly activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Leverage relationships to develop and expand territory.
- Identify and develop new strategic revenue growth opportunities.
- Work with sales team to coordinate secondary display placement that coincides with promotional calendars.
- Stay abreast of competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, and delivery schedules.
- Attend all necessary sales meetings at our corporate office.
- Responsible for maintaining records of all accounts including complete contact information.
- Provide support to accounts.
- Support marketing team through in-store demos and regional events.
- Achieve sales goals through product displays and distribution objectives.
- Required to travel using our company van to perform job duties and must be able to get to and from retail locations when the van is not available.
- Required to respond to customer phone inquiries from our Sea Cliff office one or two days a week.
- 2 years of sales in the food industry.
- Prior route sales or route service experience required.
- Excellent communication (written, verbal and email) and interpersonal skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to forge strong business relationships.
- Ability to take direction well and contribute insights and knowledge gained in the field.
- Motivation for sales.
- Must have a passion for the natural food industry.
- Must live in the New York area and have knowledge with the surrounding counties.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to pass a drug test and physical as required by the Department of Transportation
- Must be available to work weekends and varying hours when necessary.