Production and Manufacturing
2015-01-01View Full Profile
About The Position
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Bookkeeper maintains records of financial transactions by establishing accounts and posting transactions while working with the head bookkeeper. Analyst will be responsible for clearing debits and credits, managing chargebacks, providing customer with invoices upon request, ensuring payments are made timely, posting cash accurately, while also tracking and disputing and resolving deduction issues/ chargebacks. Assist other analyst(s) with issue resolutions when necessary.
The Analyst, Credit & Collections and bookkeeping assistant reports to the Manager, Credit & Collections and is based in Sea Cliff, New York.
Primary responsibilities of this role include the following:
- Opening, sorting by company and scanning mail to the accounting manager.
- Making copies of incoming checks and depositing them daily. Scan all checks and daily receipts to the accounting manager
- Assisting Account manager with Daily A/R, A/P and all other entries in QB an keeping spread sheet up to date.
- Assist Accounting Manager in supervision of Chargebacks and their day-to-day workload for all companies.
- Assist and advises team regarding chargebacks
- Posts customer payments and enter transactions from lockbox and local deposits within SAP
- Collect on any past due invoices and send out monthly statements
- Research return deduction and determine credit disposition; review variances to determine cause for discrepancy and request payback from customer in some cases, through an account reconciliation of all returns
- Resolves invalid or unauthorized deductions including return, shortages, chargebacks, rebates and other deductions by following company policy & procedures and working with respective department(s)
- Verify validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments, and from customers
- Bank reconciliations of cash received, assist in audit pull requests
- Work alongside other analysts on delegated projects
- Knowledge of the food industry a plus
- Accounts Receivable knowledge and/or experience a plus
- Must be a team player
- SAP experience, QuickBooks experience, Microsoft office skills
- Ability to post cash, process payments
- Must have advanced Excel skills including proficiency in pivot tables and other analytical tools
- Must be able to project cash receivables and chargeback deduction trends through analysis of accounts and customer payment behavior
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently
- Must be able to listen to and understand directions, communicate effectively (written and verbal), demonstrate excellent spelling and proofreading skills and follow-up efficiently with all staffing levels and clients/customers
- Must be able to professionally communicate with other departments and clearly and concisely state what is needed from them
- Must be able to work independently, be a self-starter, be positive and energetic
- Must demonstrate good common sense, sound judgment and confidence when making decisions
- Must perform at high levels in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment
- Must be able to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction
- Reports To Manager, Credit & Collections