About The Position
The Upcycled Food Association is leveraging market forces to prevent food waste by coordinating hundreds of companies around the world and empowering millions of consumers to prevent climate change with the products they buy. We are looking for enthusiastic, talented people to join our team!
Upcycled Food Association is a nonprofit focused on preventing food waste by accelerating the upcycled economy. UFA is the leader of the booming global upcycled movement, and is seeking its first-ever Executive Assistant, whose primary responsibility will be to support the CEO of the organization in administrative and operational tasks.
The Executive Assistant is a critical role at this startup nonprofit organization, because it helps keep the wheels of the organization moving as we enter into a period of accelerated growth. The Executive Assistant will support the CEO and other director-level staff in their daily business administration to help keep the operations of UFA running efficiently.
This role offers a total immersion into a growing 501c3 non-profit and the successful candidate will work closely with the CEO to build the future of the upcycled movement. We are looking for someone who is passionate about food waste prevention, the number one solution to climate change, and is motivated to make a difference!
Supports: Chief Executive Officer, other Director-level staff as required
- Assists the President/CEO with daily administrative duties including managing an active calendar of appointments, completing expense reports, composing and preparing correspondence, arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries and agendas and compiling documents for meetings.
- Communicates with the general staff on the CEO’s behalf as directed and coordinates logistics with high-level meetings both internally and externally.
- Communicates directly and on behalf of the CEO with Board members, donors, foundation staff, and others on matters related to programmatic initiatives as directed.
- Conducts research on prospective corporate and foundation donors to identify and evaluate current needs and assembles materials needed for the proposals.
- Drafts reports, letters of solicitation, proposals; prepares and coordinates oral and written communication with donors and prospects.
- Processes UFA’s relationships with vendors and other partners.
- Administratively supports other directors (recruiting support, documents formatting, surveys set up and other administrative tasks), drafts emails and other correspondence as needed.
- Represents the CEO in designated meetings as required.
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings. Prepares an account of the meetings and designates and follows up on assigned action items.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Provide virtual “office management” tasks, including answering phones, responding to public emails, etc.
- 3+ years’ experience working or training in office management
- Must be willing to be motivated and represent our organization in a positive way
- The ability to write, edit, create visuals, and publish content quickly
- A passion for sustainability, food waste, and scalable solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask
This opportunity is
- For someone who gives feedback with humility, and receives it as a gift
- For someone interested in working to combat the climate crisis
- For someone excited by being a part of a rapidly growing global environmental movement
- One for which women, Black, Indigenous, People of Color, and LGBTQ+ are encouraged to apply
- One for which all ages are encouraged to apply
- One for which no identity variables whatsoever will be used to discriminate
Compensation and Benefits
- $50,000 USD annually
- Unlimited PTO
- Health insurance stipend
- 100% Remote work opportunity
- An energetic, open, positive, communicative, and supportive team
- Exposure to a large network of companies, from CPG startups to legacy food companies
- Ability to scale the single greatest solution to climate change while managing a brand that will reach millions of people
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com