As a company critical to the needs of everyday people, we are remaining open despite the ongoing situation with COVID-19 and are looking to hire people just like YOU to help keep America fed and stocked with supplies.Pay: $16 Hourly Monday-Friday: 8am-1pmPOSITION PURPOSE:
Responsible for general warehouse duties including consolidation, cubing of routes, stack & wrap, salvage, reconditioning, etc. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Reduction of pallet to fit inside a specific trailer type
- Keeping pallets stop pure when applicable
- Keeping Pallets under 2500 lbs and /or under 60 cubes when applicable and warehouse counts as low as possible
- Inspects assigned jack for safety issues.
- Communicates with loaders and loader foreman about which truck to unload next.
- Unloads all returns and properly disperses and stores product in an organized manner.
- Informs foreman or supervisor of any large quantity returns.
- Logs and throws away any leaking returns.
- Unloads all totes and freezer boxes and stores in the proper location.
- Unloads all hand jacks and load bars and stores in the proper location.
- Unloads and separates all empty pallets and stores in the pallet staging area.
- Checks with supervisors or manager at the beginning of the shift to discuss any issues or changes in the daily procedure. Checks E-mail daily for schedule changes, additions, promos, etc.
- Communicates daily staffing needs for the area to ensure timely selection, minimum out of stocks and on time area completion. Identifies areas in need of staffing and fills-in as needed.
- Assists in the training of and monitoring of all staff to ensure accurate and efficient order selection, pallet building and replenishment.
- Assists in the monitoring of daily productivity reports. Helps to coach or retrain employees whose averages are below standard. Spends time training in other areas of the warehouse i.e. repack, cooler/freezer, load dock and invoicing for a more global understanding of all processes.
- Perform duties in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and procedures, as appropriate for location
- Performs other job duties as required
- High School Diploma or GED
- Detail oriented, good organizational skills
- Warehouse/Operations preferred but not required
- System Implementation preferred
- Understanding of Safety guidelines
- Knowledge of applicable Warehouse Management System (WHS).
- Strong knowledge of applicable Bakco functions and RF systems.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and supervisors.
- Ability to operating powered equipment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to have good judgment. Must use good judgment in determining whether product should be salvaged or trashed.
- Have an understanding of procedures in other areas of the warehouse for a more global understanding of all processes.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.