UNFI is looking for a PT Yard Truck Operator for the movement and spotting of trailers to facilitate the needs of the warehouse in sorting and processing material for shipment or storage. Also the Operator is responsible for timely movements and thorough knowledge of on-hand inventory and positioning. Position is Part Time Thursday-Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible to maintain a neat and orderly storage lot oriented toward maximizing efficiency in servicing the customer needs
2. Responsible for accounting for records involving trailer numbers and position of vehicles.
3. Must function and interact on a daily basis with Distribution Center Transportation Department and comply with Distribution Center safety requirements.
4. Security of valuable commodities and the storage area itself are a major area of concern for the Yard Truck Operator, occasionally requiring guidance from supervisory personnel regarding disposition.
5. Must understand different trailers used for outbound, and inbound.
6. Must have minimum 2 years' experience driving yard tractors or have previous CDL experience. Not required to possess a CDL license but able to obtain. A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor