Laid off or losing hours because of the Coronavirus? UNFI has high paying jobs and consistent, fulfilling work available NOW and AFTER the COVID-19 Pandemic!DISCOVER WHAT'S NEXT FOR YOUR CAREER.
Join our team and immediately become part of the largest distributor of conventional, natural, organic and specialty products in the United States and Canada. We serve over 43,000 customer locations with 200,000 different products. Our Warehouse associates supply thousands of consumers with better for you food that nourishes families nationwide. Our retailers range from small family owned stores to Wholefoods Markets and everything in between. Are you ready to make an impact on the lives of others and feel good about what you do? Join our growing Distribution team today!POSITION PURPOSE:
Supervises Warehouse shipping and receiving activities and associates for a specific shift/area to ensure functions are performed within Company and Distribution Center guidelines. Provides excellent customer service to stores serviced through accurate handling of inbound and outbound product.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Schedules and supervises of Inventory Control associates: Assigned Order Selectors, Receiving, Shipping or any other Warehouse personnel.
- Controls production standards, accuracy of inventory, using proper accuracy programs and systems.
- Processes store returns and return to vendors using proper Company policies.
- Coordinates with Inventory Control associates regarding slotting, product rotation and space allocation. Maintains daily inventory and accuracy records.
- Conducts daily crew meeting to discuss safety, productivity and accuracy.
- Communicates with Transportation on the flow and receipt of backhauls.
- Supervises scheduling of inbound load appointments.
- Responsible to sign for, sort and distribute inbound, overnight carrier and mail service deliveries.
- Walks warehouse daily, with Superintendent, to ensure that safety, security, sanitation and pest control codes, laws, and policies are maintained.
- Develops and maintains good working relationship with all departments.
- High School Diploma/GED Certification and/or equivalent related experience.
- Possess strong general knowledge of all warehousing operations, with prior work experience to include lead person or supervisory duties, preferably with the Company.
- Possess good supervisory skills and the ability to work with and through others to achieve desired results.
- Possess good communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to read and interpret computerized reports.
- Requires the analytical ability to handle administrative duties and mental alertness to ensure accurate, safe, and thorough completion of work activities. Possess the ability to concentrate and deal with frequent interruptions.
- Basic computer skills required and personal computer experience helpful, with word processing and spreadsheet applications.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.