Pay - $11.25 Per Hour. Responsible for general warehouse duties including consolidation, stack & wrap, salvage, reconditioning, etc.Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Packing incoming stock into cartons
- Ensure correct shipping information is attached to packages, moving them to shipping area once completed
- Prioritize orders by tuck/run number
- Maintain equipment and report malfunctions
- Maintain the set production standard
- Communicates with loaders and loader foreman about which truck to unload next.
- Unloads all returns and properly disperses and stores product in an organized manner.
- Logs and throws away any leaking returns.
- Unloads all hand jacks and load bars and stores in the proper location.
- Checks with supervisors or manager at the beginning of the shift to discuss any issues or changes in the daily procedure. Communicates daily staffing needs for the area to ensure timely selection, minimum out of stocks and on time area completion. Identifies areas in need of staffing and fills-in as needed.
- Assists in the training of and monitoring of all staff to ensure accurate and efficient order selection, pallet building and replenishment.
- Assists in the monitoring of daily productivity reports. Helps to coach or retrain employees whose averages are below standard.
- Spends time training in other areas of the warehouse
- Perform duties in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and procedures, as appropriate for location
- High School Diploma/GED
- Understanding of Safety guidelines
- Knowledge of applicable Warehouse Management System (WHS).
- Strong knowledge of applicable Bakco functions and RF systems.
- Detail oriented, good organizational skills
- Warehouse/Operations preferred but not required
- System implementation experience is required.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and supervisors.
- Ability to operating powered equipment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to have good judgment. Must use good judgment in determining whether product should be salvaged or trashed.
- Have an understanding of procedures in other areas of the warehouse for a more global understanding of all processes.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. UNFI is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.