With the $600 stimulus ending July 31st, start your career with UNFI and begin building a Better Future.As a company critical to the needs of everyday people, we are remaining open despite the ongoing situation with COVID-19 and are looking to hire people just like YOU to help keep America fed and stocked with supplies.Job Overview:
A part-time warehouse worker/order selector uses voice commands to pick the products, palletize the products, and wrap the pallets using a power pallet jack to navigate the warehouses. These positions work a variety of hours per week depending on business needs as the hours are not guaranteed (may be released early or may be required to work overtime). Starting pay is $23.18/hr.Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Ability to take verbal commands through a headset to select, build, and wrap pallets in the fresh and frozen warehouses moving an average of 200-250 cases per hour.
- Ensure the correct labels are on the correct pallet(s).
- Promotes good working relationships by maintaining a courteous and friendly manner.
- Transport products throughout the warehouse via power pallet jacks.
- Work in a fast-paced and cold environment. UNFI will provide proper equipment for work.
- Promote good working relationships by maintaining a courteous and friendly manner.
- Maintain order selection performance standard of speed and accuracy with minimum damage. Production standard goal is 95%.
- Attend work regularly and on time as scheduled. Current available schedules include: 2nd shift (2pm-10pm) and/or 3rd shift (10pm-6am). Set schedules will include Saturday and/or Sunday.
- Must be 18 years or older. High school diploma or equivalent desired. Previous order selection, warehouse experience and equipment (pallet jacks and/or fork lift) or experience in a physically demanding job is required.
- Willingness to consent to a background check, drug screen, and physical capabilities test after a conditional job offer.
- Ability to lift 40-70 lbs. with the occasional case up to 100 lbs., with frequent bending, stopping, and lifting.
- Capability to work in various temperatures from -15° to 35°.
- Dependably work the required schedule and/or overtime, which will involve nights, holidays, and weekends.
- Work with and handle packaged pork.
- Agree to join the union after 30 days.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.