Responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the shipping activities of the Warehouse. Responsible for enforcing productivity and quality rates, reviews/pay adjustments, time and attendance systems (payroll), and any other related issues to ensure that the daily workload is completed efficiently and accurately. Responsible for keeping the shift staffed and disciplined at a level where the work will be completed in an efficient manner. Ensure Warehouse operations are in accordance with established procedures and policies. Keeps management well informed of significant problems and area activities.SCHEDULE
: Sunday to Thursday, 11:00 am - 7:30 pmESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Assumes responsibility for the measurement and effectiveness of all warehouse processes. Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the warehouse as required (quality assurance reports/posting, incentives, etc).
- Tracks and resolves problems involving damaged goods, incorrect orders, and missing goods.
- Assists in developing policies and procedures for Warehouse operations.
- Makes recommendations for equipment purchases and capital improvements.
- Ensures that Warehouse materials are rotated and stored properly.
- Supports maintenance effort/team of Warehouse facilities as required. Ensures that both the inside and outside of the facilities are clean and orderly.
- Works to develop and maintain productive business relations with vendors, suppliers, and shippers.
- Provides leadership to assigned personnel through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication. Conducts regular meetings to ensure that personnel are well informed of changes in policies and procedures. Continually enforces productivity standards. Discusses areas needing improvement.
- Assigns and coordinates personnel, scheduling to ensure workload is done efficiently. Keeps shift properly staffed keeping in mind vacation requests, leaves, etc.
- Plans time on warehouse floor with employees to achieve a positive presence in the facility.
- Conducts performance appraisals and reviews pay adjustments. Provides measurable feedback to assigned personnel and suggestions for improved performance. Formulates and implements employee corrective actions as needed.
- Works with Human Resources to schedule interviews, hiring, training and managing discipline issues as necessary.
- Approves time and attendance/Payroll records. Tracks attendance on all hourly employees.
- Works with local IT group to maintain acceptable technological standards.
- Perform duties in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and procedures, as appropriate for location.
- Ensures HACCP and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and procedures are understood and followed by associates in facility.
- Participates as a member of the HACCP Team
- Promotes goodwill and a positive image of the Company.
- Performs other relevant job duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree or College Diploma in Supply Chain, Business Management, Logistics and/or or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma green belt certification
- CPIM/CLTD certification is an asset.
- Additional related facility management training preferred.
- Must have strong knowledge of all warehouse procedures and functions.
- Knowledge of budgeting, supply contracts, and shipping requirements.
- Five (5) or more years of related experience, with at least two or more years of supervisory experience.
- Must possess excellent leadership ability to inspire others to achieve desired results.
- Able to organize, coordinate, direct and motivate a team.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present effectively to groups
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and ensure significant issues are communicated clearly to relevant stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Strong analytical skills required for data interpretation and analysis.
- Proficiency with MS Office, Word, Excel PowerPoint and the ability to understand Accounting, HR and Payroll activities/practices.
- Must be able to interface effectively with a wide variety of associates and work in a team environment.
As a condition of employment, this position is subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
- Criminal Background Check
- Employment Reference Check
UNFI believes in a diverse and accommodating workplace. UNFI encourages and promotes applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, disability or otherwise. UNFI is committed to providing full accommodation for persons with disabilities in all active processes and procedures including but not limited to the recruitment process. To request any accommodation you may require to participate in the recruitment process (including alternative formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please contact the main recruiting contact for the position or Human Resources to discuss your specific needs.