Laid off or losing hours because of the Coronavirus? UNFI has high paying jobs and consistent, fulfilling work available NOW and AFTER the COVID-19 Pandemic! DISCOVER WHAT'S NEXT FOR YOUR CAREER.
UNFI is North America's premier food wholesaler delivering the widest variety of products to customer locations throughout North America including natural product superstores, independent retailers, conventional supermarket chains, ecommerce retailers, and food service customers. Our Warehouse Associates are a vital part of our organization. You aren't just hand-selecting orders within a warehouse of fluctuating temperatures, you are doing the work that feeds and nourishes millions of people. We are excited about the work we do and are looking for others who share the same drive and passion.Job Overview:
Must learn three jobs in six months and rotate.
Checks in and verifies incoming product (perishables, grocery and general merchandise). Transports product from dock to assigned locations utilizing pallet jack. Performs order selection duties. Manually lifts cases to build stable loads on pallets. Handles cases of product from various positions, including reaching above head. Uses Vocollect electronic headset to receive orders verbally and ensure correct selection. Major order selector responsibilities include speed of selection, accuracy of selection and safety. Possibly performs truck loading duties or replenishes (relocate) product to pick slots. Operates equipment such as manual and electric pallet jack and electric forklift.Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Receives, stores, and/or selects various grocery, perishable, general merchandise. products or supplies from warehouse stock.
- Transports product throughout the warehouse via pallet jack of forklift.
- Works in a fast paced environment with varying temperatures.
- Assists other departments with work activities when required.
- Promotes good working relationships by maintaining a courteous and friendly manner.
- Maintains order selection performance standards of speed and accuracy with minimum damage.
- Attends work regularly and on time as scheduled.
- Ensures the correct labels are on the correct pallet.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- High school diploma desired.
- Warehouse and/or pallet jack experience preferred.
- Previous order selection, warehouse experience such as shipping or receiving, or experience in a physically demanding position is preferred.
- Must be willing to consent to background check, drug screen, and physical capacities test.
- Must be able to lift up to 80 pounds, frequent bending, stooping and lifting.
- Must have the ability to work in various temperatures from -20 to 80 degrees.
- Must be able to work the required schedule and/or overtime, which could involve nights, holidays or weekends.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.