Responsible for assisting management in the supervision of drivers and staff of the Transportation Department. Implements schedules, departure times, and daily functions of the Department. Ensures daily changes are coordinated in an efficient, effective and productive manner. Appraises changes and communicates with customers whenever necessary. Communicates information to other internal departments as necessary.Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Coordinates daily scheduling of drivers and staff members ensuring the effectiveness of the workforce.
- Monitors driver departure times and reports the information accordingly.
- Shares on-call duty with members of the Transportation Department.
- Coordinates customer deliveries with Drivers and notifies customers of delays or accidents.
- Assists in determining rental requirements and equipment needs
- Answers phones, directs calls and handles customer, warehouse and driver inquiries
- Acts as the back-up person for the Transportation Manager as well as for completing log data entry.
- Summarizes and publishes results of quality checks and "on-time reporting".
- Works with Leasing company to ensure proper maintenance schedules of trucks.
- Acts as key communicator between various departments regarding schedule changes and new account service.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation regulations.
- Current Microsoft Office Applications
- Minimum four years experience in multiple stop dispatch operation.
- Detail oriented and ability to coordinate complex work schedules
- Strong written/verbal communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.