ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Responsible for planning, directing, and overseeing all Transportation functions to ensure that customer service is performed safely, on time, and in accordance with specifications. Coordinates closely with customers and area personnel to obtain information, identify needs, and investigate and resolve problems. Seeks to continuously improve service and operating efficiencies and meets the proper DOT compliance and regulatory requirements. Ensures that the Company's professional reputation is maintained
- Assumes responsibility for assisting in the development and implementation of effective Transportation planning, budgeting, policies, and procedures.
- Executes established goals and ensures that Transportation policies support and complement Company strategies, mission, vision, and values.
- Meets regularly with customers to obtain information and feedback on the Company's performance, receive complaints, and analyzes customers' needs and expectations.
- Ensures that excellent, professional communications are maintained with customers. Ensures that all customers' expectations are met or exceeded.
- Ensures on-time delivery of products or services.
- Plans equipment and determines rental requirements and maintenance needs. Implements and maintains operation of computerized on-board and navigation systems
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring that Transportation operations meets or exceeds safety and regulatory standards. Maintain safety records for all drivers
- Ensures that personnel understand and implement safety and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Effectively schedules, supervises, and directs Transportation personnel, ensuring excellent customer service and optimal performance.
- Provides leadership through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication. Maintains a good information flow. Ensures personnel are timely and thoroughly informed. Conducts meetings to inform, train, and seek solutions for identified problems. Ensures employees understand Company policies and procedures and the importance of customer service.
- Identifies training needs and develops and implements programs to meet them. Follows-up on employee training (e.g., customer service, equipment, and safety training) to ensure effective implementation. Cross -trains employees.
- • Promotes teamwork. Encourages employee involvement, suggestions, and problem solving.
- • Conducts performance appraisals as required. Provides feedback and suggestions to improve employee performance. Works with employees to establish performance goals. Formulates and implements corrective actions as needed and ensures that all employees are treated fairly and consistently. Corrects employee problems promptly.
- Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant concerns.
- Completes special projects as assigned
- 1. Superior customer service is consistently provided. Customers' expectations are met or exceeded. Deliveries are on time and meet established standards. Problems are promptly, courteously, and permanently resolved. The Company's professional reputation is maintained and projected.
- 2. Transportation functions are compliant in accordance with established policies, procedures, safety, Federal, State and local laws and regulatory standards.
- 3. Personnel are effective, efficient, optimally utilized, and appropriately informed.
- 4. Employees are assisted and supported as needed. Performance appraisals are conducted as required and suggestions for improved performance are provided. Employees are treated fairly and consistently. Retain positive internal and external customer relations.
- 5. Costs are monitored and controlled. Suggestions for improved productivity and service are provided.
- 6. Good coordination and working relations exist with related departments and units. Assistance is provided as needed.
- Bachelor degree preferred and/or equivalent experience in related field.
- Understanding of client requirements and schedules.
- Knowledge of transportation equipment and vehicle operations.
- Minimum of three to five years experience in multiple stop dispatch operation. Minimum of three to five years supervisory and management experience.
- Prior experience with computerized log system
- Experience with Microsoft Office Applications: Word, Excel and Power Point necessary.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to function in fast-paced environment.
- Vision for future growth and change with ability to remain flexible.
- Well organized and attentive to detail.
- Customer orientation and excellent public relations abilities.
- Able to train and supervise.
- Able to operate PC, phones, radio, and drive trucks
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.