Start the year fresh with a BRAND NEW State of the Art facility in Allentown, PA!
Join our team and immediately become part of the largest distributor of conventional, natural, organic and specialty products in the United States and Canada. We serve over 43,000 customer locations with 200,000 different products. Our Warehouse associates supply thousands of consumers with better for you food that nourishes families nationwide. Our retailers range from small family owned stores to Wholefoods Markets and everything in between. Are you ready to make an impact on the lives of others and feel good about what you do? Considering leading our Transportation Department of over 150+ employees at this brand new state of the art facility in Allentown, PA.
- Salary based on experience
- Competitive Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K & Vacation
- Growth and professional development opportunities.
- Recognition for great work, company events and picnics, and much more.
- Full-time employment opportunity.
Oversees and manages all aspects of the Transportation Department within the distribution center to include all inbound and outbound shipments, regulatory and compliance issues. Oversees equipment maintenance if applicable, following Company guidelines.Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Coordinates and supervises overall transportation activities.
- Schedules of inbound and outbound shipments.
- Recommends the purchase or lease of necessary equipment; and fleet maintenance.
- Produces and implements methods of operation to control cost, while effectively utilizing personnel and equipment.
- Develops and maintains good working relationship with retail division and store personnel.
- Ensures excellent service to our customers.
- Prepares and effectively administers department budget, authorizes overtime and work to control costs.
- Evaluates capital expenditures and prepares requisitions and recommendations.
- Ensures compliance with regulations governing Transportation including all DOT drug-testing requirements.
- Complies with Corporate trailer seal programs
- Coordinates with Human Resources regarding staffing needs
- Previous extensive experience and/or formal training or education in trucking activities to include dispatching, scheduling and repairs.
- Prior experience in distribution transportation management required.
- Possess extensive knowledge of regulatory compliance.
- Possess good leadership skills and the ability to supervise the work of others, must be able to motivate and work in cooperation with others to achieve desires results.
- Possess good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Computer skills required and personal computer experience, with word processing and spreadsheet applications preferred.
- Total familiarity with on-board computer programs and transportation software implemented on a company-wide basis.
- Requires the analytical ability to handle administrative duties and mental alertness to ensure accurate, safe, and thorough completion of work activities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
- Additional Locations: United States of America
- Schedule: Full-time
Similar jobs to check out:
POSITION PURPOSE: Responsible for planning, directing, and overseeing all Transportation functions to ensure that customer service is performed safely, on time, and in accordance with specifications. Coordinates closely with cus...
Join our team and immediately become part of the largest distributor of conventional, natural, organic and specialty products in the United States and Canada. We serve over 43,000 customer locations with 200,000 different products. Our Warehouse associ...
Join our team and immediately become part of the largest distributor of conventional, natural, organic and specialty products in the United States and Canada. We serve over 43,000 customer locations with 200,000 different products. Our Warehouse ass...