This position can be based out of any DC in the Pacific region.Purpose:
Manages the recruiting programs, strategies and a team of 8-10 TA Partners to obtain top talent across UNFI. Provides expertise, best practice knowledge, recommendations for implementation of centralized talent acquisition processes and strategy at UNFI, and then monitors performance, enabling UNFI to remain competitive in attracting top talent in both the external and internal markets.
Manages and executes Director+ level searches across the region. Highly visible role in bringing future leaders to business that will have a significant impact on the success of the company. Acts as the strategic talent acquisition partner for an assigned client group along with the team management responsibilities. Develops HR and hiring manager relationships and ensuring an exceptional candidate experience.Job Responsibilities:
Job Requirements: Education/ Certifications
- Participates in developing the overall Talent Acquisition strategy and activities for the region; evaluates competitors' strategies to attract talent
- Executes recruitment strategies in each location throughout the region using data to inform decisions
- Manage the performance of 8-10 TA Partners
- Engages in forecasting and planning of staffing needs
- Ensures that there is an effective and efficient process in place for all staffing related activities; service level agreements are in place and communicated to HR and business partners; quality of service standards, with hiring managers, HR and candidates, are established and maintained
- Ensures a diverse slate of well-qualified candidates, this will include strategies including diverse professional associations, use of diverse website sourcing, networking activities, targeted advertising and other best practice activities
- Ensures establishment and implementation of an identifiable recruitment brand for UNFI that carries through all corporate talent acquisition related activities
- Ensures that the department is using best practice activities and resources to source a top talent, diverse slate of candidates for all positions, this includes direct sourcing resources & activities, effective posting and advertising, strategic use of college recruiting & career fair activities
- Meets with the HR and business unit leaders to ensure a comprehensive and realistic Talent Acquisition plan is in place to meet the current and future hiring needs of the client group
- Builds relationships with industry and professional associations to stay abreast of business trends and continually build robust pipelines of passive candidates
- Employer Branding: Leverage all available channels to promote UNFI brand in talent market (including digital media) in collaboration with our Branding & Communications team.
- Working with HR and hiring managers to initiate searches including, job description approval, prioritizing competencies, agreeing on interviewers, etc.
- Providing on-going communication of search activities and potential candidates
- Provides leadership, consultation and direction to business partner in meeting their strategic business goals and initiatives May, as need is identified; lead a recruiting project team for special business initiatives, role will incorporate strategic planning and all areas of TA focus and will leverage expertise and resources within the TA team to plan and meet the project goals
: (Required & Preferred) Experience
- 6 Years of Recruitment Experience.
- Experience Managing a geographically disbursed team
- Experience managing internal client group; interfacing with top level leaders within organization
- Well-developed computer aptitude with proficient skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office; ability to adapt to and learn new systems quickly
- Has an in-depth understanding of current best practice talent acquisition methodologies, technologies, operations and regulatory issues
- Champions new ideas and initiatives and creates an environment that supports innovation; leverages fresh perspectives, breakthrough ideas and new paradigms to create more effective ways to hire top talent
- Knows and applies advanced concepts, practices and procedures for recruiting/selection including sourcing, pipelining and identification of key talent pools both internal and external
- Must have a strong ability to identify, analyze and assimilate the components of an identified focus within talent acquisition activities, develop & recommend clear strategies, processes and methods for ensuring compliance
- Proven ability to work successfully across all areas of the company; can successfully monitor performance; strong client management skills, working with both internal associates and external vendors/candidates; ability to influence and lead effective partnerships with the banners; can thrive in a complicated matrix environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to develop and maintain effective business relationships within and outside of the company
- Able to negotiate with internal stakeholders, candidates, vendors
- Able to use past experiences and current situations to develop plans and strategies to reach future goals, both short- and long-term goals and to understand and think bigger picture
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
- Additional Locations: United States of America, California, Rocklin; United States of America, California, Moreno Valley
- Schedule: Full-time