Work as part of a traveling warehouse team, assigned to various distribution centers to support ongoing warehouse operations. Responsible for having a strong understanding of selection, loading and forklift driving. Must also be well versed in proper selection methods, pallet building, productivity measures and safety procedures. Role will include paid travel and per diem.Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Receives, stores, and/or selects various grocery, perishable, general merchandise. products or supplies from warehouse stock.
- Transports product throughout the warehouse via pallet jack of forklift.
- Works in a fast-paced environment with varying temperatures.
- Assists other departments with work activities when required.
- Promotes good working relationships by maintaining a courteous and friendly manner.
- Maintains order selection performance standards of speed and accuracy with minimum damage.
- Attends work regularly and on time as scheduled.
- Ensures the correct labels are on the correct pallet.
- Inspects assigned jack for safety issues.
- Turns on single and dual temp trailers refrigerator units at the proper times.
- Loads trucks in sequence based on delivery schedule and routing using at least 5 load bars per route to ensure a secure delivery.
- Distributes finished load sheets to the inside of the trailer, to the dispatcher, and to the driver.
- Selects product on heavy nights or if understaffed.
- Keeps area clean and debris out of work area during work hours.
- Operates pallet jack in safe and efficient manner.
- Reports to lead, supervisor or manager if there isn't enough work on the loading dock.
- Removes debris and empty pallets from the dock upon completion of loading.
- Reports any discrepancies in pallet counts, missing repack or unsound pallets to the lead, supervisor or manager.
- Ability to travel 100% of the time in 2-week increments.
- Ability to work in all sections of the warehouse, including refrigerated and frozen.
- Ability to work in selection, loading and other areas as needed.
- Well versed in the use of a forklift, single and double pallet jacks.
- Willing to work overtime and weekends when required.
- Experienced in Vocollect and other warehouse management systems.
- Ability to select and load at established minimum rate for department
- Astute, close attention to detail.
- Understand and properly follow all selecting and loading procedures and verbal instructions in your respective area: grocery, cooler and freezer. Possess an understanding of procedures in other areas of the warehouse for a more global understanding of all processes.
- Understanding of Safety guidelines
- Warehouse/Operations required
- Understanding of WMS required
- Forklift, selection and loading experience required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. UNFI is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.