Serve as a functional expert and consultant to independent grocery owners/operators. Supporting them through the design development and equipment procurement process for either a new store or major remodel. Responsibilities span from scope development, equipment selection facilitation, project budgeting, bidding, pre-construction, and construction, through close out process.Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Represent and sell Store Design and Equipment to independent grocery owners/operators.
- Coordinate and lead on-site surveys of remodel projects. Creating an as-built drawing may be required.
- Work with the owner/operator to create an overall scope of the project.
- Work with store planning during the concept fixture planning to ensure the owner/operators vision is being met.
- Provide input and recommendations to ensure that financial, marketing, and merchandising objectives of the project are met during the design phase.
- Create preliminary concept equipment budgets.
- Lead the UNFI team during the requirement drawing phase. These requirement drawings would include equipment schedules, electrical, data, mechanical, and millwork drawings.
- Lead the UNFI equipment team on the equipment quoting process. During the process, the UNFI PM will be responsible for the equipment selection that meets the design intent of the plan. The UNFI PM will also work to make sure owner/operators preferences are met.
- Create a final project equipment budget that will be maintained throughout the completion of the project. This will be controlled by the equipment pricing list that is created for each project by UNFI equipment services.
- Provide the final review of internally produced requirement drawings, equipment specifications, and equipment lists. Verifying for accuracy, completeness, and efficiency.
- Coordinate and direct UNFI internal design teams, vendors, architects, engineers, and contractors to ensure projects final construction drawings are completed per the design intent.
- Answer direct questions to UNFI provided equipment for outside teams during the design phase.
- Support the general contractor during the build out of the facility.
- Schedule equipment deliveries that align with the general contractor's project schedule.
- Answer questions on the UNFI supplied equipment during installation.
- Coordinate equipment start up if necessary.
- Perform on-site visits and lead local construction teams at key milestones during the project (i.e. rough-ins, major equipment deliveries, refrigeration start-up, grand opening, final punch list, etc.).
- Initiate, coordinate, and manage the project close-out process including final punch lists, provide warranty information.
- Provide design and construction expertise to operations and departments in response to questions in the area of maintenance and repair.
- Act as a resource to store operations, and store owners to assist in warranty repair and maintenance needs.
- Performs other relevant job duties as required.
- BS degree Construction/Architectural/Interior Design or related field.
- 5-7 yrs related experience in construction management, retail design, store planning, and/or retail merchandising/operations.
- Professional licensure in the related field preferred
- Understanding of permit process with cities, health departments, and other governmental agencies.
- Extensive knowledge of equipment used in grocery stores including the following categories; refrigeration equipment (doors, islands, uprights, walk in coolers), hot cases, deli & bakery production equipment (ovens, proofers, mixers, fryers, combi-ovens), exhaust hoods and systems, etc.).
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook).
- Ability to establish collaborative relationships and communications with clients and to provide excellent customer service. Ability to manage multiple projects with varying levels of complexity.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced office setting that requires a great deal of interaction among associates, executives and internal/external customers. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. Strong presentation skills required.
- Excellent time management, planning, and multi-tasking skills. Adaptable to change.
- Up to 40% travel may be required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.