The Senior Inside Account Manager is responsible for providing dedicated service to assigned account(s). Responsible for growing sales on assigned book of business (~40 accounts, $250K-$1M) by sharing product knowledge, resolving customer issues and entering customer orders. The Inside Account Manager is responsible for providing high quality, streamlined service with a focus on local market trends for assigned account(s).
The Senior Inside Account Manager will create partnering relationships of trust, integrity, customer satisfaction and loyalty and ensures customer compliance. They collaborate with their teams to achieve the objective of building out the store.Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Execute strategic sales plans and goals to increase sales, profit margin and minimize expenses
- Manage new sales opportunities and servicing of existing accounts.
- Inform customers of products, programs, promotions pre-book and planned demands
- Identify customer needs and concerns for assigned accounts and partners with manager to find creative solutions to resolve.
- Leverage tools for sales data and merchandising plans to provide more frequent and direct contact to assigned customers
- Provide increased support to assigned customers in understanding market trends and product/category expertise.
- Ensure customers receive timely and accurate information on product availability, quality and price.
- Leverage product and category data to recommend substitutions for products, local product trends and new items.
- Respond to customer phone and email inquiries.
- Responsible for entering customer orders and submitting credit requests timely and accurately.
- Create and maintain partnerships with vendor, broker and other trade partners.
- Meet or exceed client expectations and established deadlines.
- Proactively drive company initiatives to ensure the success of the customer.
- Focus efforts on mutual sales and profit growth.
- Associates Degree, or equivalent training and experience.
- 3+ years sales experience.
- Understanding and knowledge of products. Familiarity with sales opportunities.
- Understanding of margin and company profitability.
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
- Ability to work in a result driven environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and company systems.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Aptitude for financial reporting.
- Able to exceed at: customer service skills, problem solving, attention to detail and organizational skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.