The Human Resources Business Partner Sr partners with operational leadership and is responsible for implementing and executing key projects and initiatives within the facility/group. Reporting to the HR Director or HR Manager, the Sr. HR Business Partner is responsible for effective execution of human resources functions, such as Talent Development, Talent Selection, Workforce Panning, Engagement, Recognition, Performance Management, Organizational Development, Training, Associate Relations, Compensation, Benefits, Wellness, Risk Safety, Labor Relations, Sustainability and Philanthropy.Job Responsibilities:
Execution of HR Activities and Programs
- Provides functional HR expertise and successfully executes on key HR projects and assigned HR functions.
- Leverages best practices and participates in collaboration within the region/group, and nationally.
- Executes HR programs within the facility/group in accordance with HR processes and programs.
- Maintains and updates HRIS records and associate files. Ensures associate files are complete and compliant.
- Partner with business leaders and Total Rewards to ensure that personnel actions have appropriate approvals; ensure delegated tasks such as data entry/submission are accurate and completed and that associate data is accurate. Collaborates with HR colleagues to share best practices and leverage successes across the company. Supports peer networks across the company.
- Executes core annual programs, such as performance objectives and goal setting, performance evaluations, compensation planning, talent assessment, succession planning, wellness, annual enrollment, etc.
- Executes local/department-level programs for areas such as workforce planning, engagement, recognition, training, wellness, and labor relations.
- Manages and tracks all leaves of absence and accommodation requests.
- Possesses thorough knowledge of HR policies and procedures as well as federal, state/province and local laws.
- Executes human resources functions, including talent development, promotions, employee relations, terminations, exit interviews, recordkeeping, etc. in accordance with Company procedures and applicable legal requirements. Implements Affirmative Action Plan and goals, where applicable.
- Provides transparency into work.
- Leverages network for learning when encountering a new challenge. Manages personal development following changes to company, business and/or HR strategy. Participates in development of HR colleagues.
- Leverages a deep understanding of business needs and participates in solving business problems within the facility/group through the talent lens.
- Builds effective working relationships with leaders.
- Provides coaching to leaders and individual contributors at SVP level and below, with the goal of making others successful.
- Participates and collaborates in supervisor, management and staff meetings.
- Implements HR initiatives and programs in new ways to adapt to changing associate and business needs. Seeks feedback from business leaders and associates on how HR could improve implementation of HR programs.
- Reviews metrics derives insights and uses those insights to solve business problems and improve processes.
- Completes reports and information requests accurately and timely.
Talent & Onboarding
- Responsible for implementing the workforce and talent agenda that attracts the right people in a competitive market and drives enterprise productivity, in partnership with Talent Acquisition
- Advises leaders on effective onboarding strategies and plans to ensure successful assimilation of new hires.
- Conducts new hire orientation and ensures that new associates are well informed of HR benefits, policies and programs.
- Deliver training programs.
Engagement & Associate Relations
- Ensures that associate questions are promptly and courteously resolved.
- Supports associate engagement surveys and action plans. Identifies opportunities to systematically address disengagement issues.
- Addresses associate concerns with open communication techniques. Communicates with associates in a timely and courteous manner.
- Advises supervisors on tactics to improve performance including observation coaching, corrective actions, and performance appraisals.
- Responsible for being a steward of the company culture.
- Drives change management among leaders to ensure strategic changes that impact associates are rolled out in an engaging, well communicated and reinforced way.
Travel required, may be up to 25%
Performs other job duties as required Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field • PHR/SPHR/CHRL/CPHR Certification preferred
- 5+ years of HR experience, or related field
- Human Resources techniques in the areas of talent, engagement and workforce planning
- Federal, state/province and local employment laws.
- Knowledge of talent acquisition techniques, including recruitment, interviewing skills, and selection.
- Understanding of compensation and benefit policies and programs, employee relations practices.
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal
- Analytical skills
- Action Oriented
- Relationship building skills
- Problem solving skillsChange management skills
- Critical Thinking
- Solving Complex Problems
- Driving for Results
- Interacting with People at Different Levels
- Delivering High Quality Work Product
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.