The Senior Director of Sales will play a key role in driving sales and share by developing an effective relationship with our customers and key business owners. This position will lead the sales arm of the Brands and BMB team in the critical areas of strategic sales planning and overall communication. This position is also responsible for key stakeholder engagement and working partnership around category planning, promotional planning and selling shows. This leader is responsible for driving overall Brands growth through UNFI and direct channels including alternative channels. This is a key leadership role within the Brands team responsible for building and leading a highly engaged and effective sales and BMB customer service team. This leader will be responsible for driving a passionate selling and customer focused culture. This position will partner closely with Brands+ and cross functional leaders to achieve sales and EBITDA budgets.Job Responsibilities:
- Designs and leads strategies to capitalize on business development opportunities including recommended sales and merchandising plans across the business. These plans include pricing guidelines, promotional plans, shelfing placement strategies and principles.
- Partners closely with key internal UNFI business owners to drive sales and share gains with existing and new customers. Leads team to develop targeted and compelling customer specific plans.
- Identifies growth opportunities outside of UNFI to deliver sales and EBITDA gains for Blue Marble Brands.
- Demonstrate strategic and results-oriented leadership with the Brands and BMB sales team including accountable to regular sales and financial reporting; and urgency to address gaps in order to achieve EBITDA goals and budgets.
- Establishes credible connection with outside distributors and direct customers to support growth.
- Responsible for oversight of broker partner management.
- Responsible for leading our Sales team to grow business and establish credibility as experts within the company and with our customers. This includes coaching, guiding, and strong communication.
- Serves as a key liaison with the UNFI broader sales team to drive share and sales growth; and leverages current client relationships to further expand business development opportunities at all levels.
- Oversees Regional Sales Directors who lead selling shows and works collaboratively with the Brands and broader UNFI teams.
- Responsible for developing new retail channel opportunities with potential clients.
- Researches and analyzes environmental and competitive conditions, customer needs, and market trends.
- Researches and recommends potential strategic alliances with third parties and other businesses.
- Ensures sales activities are cost effective, efficient, and within established budget constraints.
Education/ Certifications: (Required & Preferred)
- A bachelor's degree in marketing, advertising or related course of study.
- 10+ years of private brand sales and CPG selling experience.
- Experience with ownership of P&Ls required.
- Wholesale or Retail Experience preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of retail merchandising and operations preferred
- Strong leadership skills with proven experience leading sales teams
- Results focused with track record of exceeding sales budgets
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and strong financial acumen
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and drive results through analytics, experience and influencing
- Requires strong organization and follow-through skills and track record of planning, prioritizing and executing projects
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to work with key stakeholders across the organization to drive business results
- Strong presentation skills with internal key business owners, =customers and executives
- Passion for selling
- Travel up to 50% may be required
- Most work is performed in a temperature-controlled office environment
- Incumbent may sit for long periods of time at desk or computer terminal
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Incumbent may use calculators, keyboards, telephone and other office equipment during normal workday
- Stooping, bending, twisting and reaching may be required in completion of job duties
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.