Performs accounting and financial analysis in compliance with GAAP and UNFI internal policies. Gathers, organizes, and analyzes information in the completion of both routine and special assignments under varying amounts of guidance and direction. Interfaces with all levels of the Company in addressing financial questions, results, and variances and procedures. Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Manage and integrate accounting from subledger system
- Manage and close Oracle subledger system
- Oversight of cash application for sub process
- Ensures completeness and accuracy in lease agreement portfolio under ASC 842.
- Reviews and approves periodic account reconciliations.
- Develops and maintains special analytical tools and recommendations for actions to improve profitability.
- Coordinates resolution of accounting or finance questions affecting operating results.
- Completes footnote disclosures, schedules and other financial analysis.
- Coordinates and completes annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting for appropriate accounts.
- Evaluates, recommends, maintains and monitors appropriate internal controls.
- Reviews and approves updated policies and procedures in addition to internal control documentation.
- Ensures SOX compliance and assists in testing of applicable areas.
- Prepares and gives finance and operational presentations to management.
- Provides support to the VP/Director, Finance/Accounting, for the coordination and preparation of key performance reports for both operations and corporate management.
- Assists the Director/Manager, Finance/Accounting, in training and developing the skills of staff.
- Bachelor's degree required in Accounting or a related discipline preferred.
- 3-5 years General Accounting or relevant work experience preferred.
- Broad experience with cross functional program management preferred.
- Possess ability to analyze, interpret, and report financial data.
- Ability to solve problems and re-engineer process using analytical frameworks to streamline the process.
- Ability to interact at all levels in the organization from Executives to staff, including non-exempt level.
- Demonstrates functional knowledge/expertise and people coaching/mentoring abilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.