The Senior Automation Engineer will support the growing needs of the Automation Testing at UNFI and be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining framework(s) for the full suite of relevant applications. Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Develop and manage automation framework(s) using Selenium, SQL and mobile (IOS/Android) automation tools.
- Coordinate with teams across the Software and System Groups to ensure end-to-end verification of functionality across all systems components.
- Write and code Test Automation using Java and Java based product SDK.
- Automate actions such as: HTTP Requests/Responses, query of remote databases, access and execute commands on external systems/VMs.
- Communicates verbal and written project updates to both technical and non-technical individuals and groups.
- Manages and completes multiple projects in order to meet deadlines.
- Identify challenges and obstacles and provide unique solutions to problems as they arise.
- Oversee/work with a team of Offshore Automation Engineers.
Education/ Certifications: (Required & Preferred)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in testing with 5+ years in Automation development
- Strong background in Object-Oriented analysis, design and development
- Strong background in QA methodologies and best practices.
- Strong testing experience in high-traffic, data-driven applications including testing multiple backend (relational DB) systems.
- Experience using Code Management tools (i.e GitHub or TFS) is required.
- Experience integrating the automation code to build and execute from Jenkins management tool
- Working knowledge of Mainframes, Linux or Unix Systems.
- Knowledge of Cucumber-based automation framework preferred
- Experience with deployment systems such as Maven/Jenkins/Team Foundation Server desired.
Other Skills/ Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of software development lifecycle and the importance of QA involvement throughout the entire cycle.
- Flexible, quick learner, adaptable to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team building skills. Ability to analyze automated test results and perform root cause failure analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently; strong problem-solving abilities, and look at obstacles as opportunities for improvement, research and growth.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
- Additional Locations: United States of America, Minnesota, Eden Prairie
- Schedule: Full-time