Seafood Clerk Department:
MeatGeneral Job Description:
Has knowledge of and differentiate various types of seafood, ability to order seafood, and set seafood display case. Prepares merchandise for display case.Experience or Training Required:
Knowledge of types of seafood and their origins, ability to properly handle products, at least one year experience in seafood and setting up cases.License or Certificate Required:
Essential Job Functions:
An individual must possess the abilities to perform these essential job functions:
Marginal Job Functions:
- Ability to program weighing scales.
- Uses hand wrapper or automatic wrapper.
- Ability to identify different types of seafood.
- Orders stock and maintains inventory.
- Uses powered equipment and hand tools (knives).
- Ability to lift 80 pounds from floor to a table 48 inches in height.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers.
- Cleans and maintains display case.
- Ability to stock and rotate products in display cases.
- Maintaining a clean workplace.
- Cleans and sanitizes work area.
Extreme changes in temperature and humidity: No
Subject to: Odors
Time spent: Indoors: 100% Outdoors: 0%
Sensory requirements: Speech, vision, touch & hearing
Activity Number of Hours (PERCENT OF TIME) Repetitive Use of Hands Number of Hours (PERCENT OF TIME) 0 1 - 2 <25% 3 - 4 < 50% 5-6 <75% 7+ <
100% 0 1 - 2 <25% 3 - 4 < 50% 5-6 <75% 7+ <
100% Sitting XX One Hand XXX Standing XXX Two Hands XXX Walking XXX Grasping Bending XXX One Hand XXX Crawling XX Two Hands XXX Climbing XX Fine Dexterity Reaching XXX One Hand XXX Crouching XX Two Hands XXX Kneeling XX Repetitive Use of Foot Control Balancing XX One Foot XX Pushing/Pulling XXX Two Feet XX Lift and or Carry Weight Handling - Times per Hour Lifting Over-head Weight Handling - Times per Hour 0 1 -10 11 - 15 16 - 30 30+ 0 1 - 10 11 - 15 16 - 30 30+ 0 -10 lbs. XXX XXX 11 - 25 lbs. XXX XX 26 - 50 lbs. XXX XX 51 - 75 lbs. XXX XX 76 - 100 lbs. XX XX Over 100 lbs. XX XX 6. Tools or Equipment use for this position and frequency of time used:
Steel Mesh Glove
XXX 7. Special Hazards:
Mechanical Electrical Chemical
Protective Clothing Required: Smock, Hard Hat, Steel Mesh Glove, Shoes.
Note - this description is not exhaustive and may be supplemented