Join our team and immediately become part of the largest distributor of conventional, natural, organic and specialty products in the United States and Canada. We serve over 43,000 customer locations with 200,000 different products. Our Warehouse associates supply thousands of consumers with better for you food that nourishes families nationwide. Our retailers range from small family owned stores to Wholefoods Markets and everything in between. Are you ready to make an impact on the lives of others and feel good about what you do? Join our growing Distribution team today. Position Overview:
Primary responsibility is cleaning of the distribution center (75% of duties). Perform routine cleaning including vacuuming; sweeping, and mopping floors; dusting, washing walls, doors, and windows, and emptying trash. Perform minor preventative maintenance and minor repairs. Assist service personnel as needed. Reports major repair and maintenance needs. Assist with snow removal.Job Responsibilities:
- Ensures that you have all of the needed janitorial equipment.
- Operates floor scrubber.
- Sweeps and vacuums dock plates.
- Sweeps and mop sanitation barriers.
- Empties trash bins from all locations in the cooler, grocery and loading. dock, offices and break areas.
- Empties cardboard and plastic recycling and compacts.
- Keeps all areas free of debris such as wood fragments, pallet wrap, labels, and paper.
- Removes empty pallets and clean and mop slots.
- Discards leaking product and records on the reconditioning log.
- Reports any violation of company policy to supervisor or lead.
- Perform duties in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical Control.
- High School Diploma/GED and/or equivalent related experience.
- Understands Safety guidelines.
- Ability to operate cleaning equipment such as floor scrubbers.
- Warehouse/Operations preferred but not required.
- Understand procedures in other areas of the warehouse for a more global understanding of all processes.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.