This position is responsible for being a company-wide subject matter expert on Electronic Payments and understanding industry standards and payment system functionality. This will require interfacing with vendors to resolve problems and communicating internally with operations, finance, technical teams and support desks to share requirements, challenges and problem resolution recommendations. This position will also work closely with Independent/Wholesale customers to determine and meet requirements. Performs job functions in an independent manner, with limited coaching. Capable of performing on multiple projects while working closely with peer team members. May be assigned a mentor for guidance in executing job functions and related processes in alignment with company standards.Job Responsibilities:
- Understand and comply with the Payment Card Industry (PCI) requirements and maintain card data security.
- Documents business and/or technical needs to help UNFI meet strategic objectives.
- Follow regulatory and UNFI security standards while handling sensitive retail customer data.
- Facilitates small to medium sized groups of individuals, representing significant diversity in interest and level of leadership, to a common understanding of a solution.
- Fosters team building and self-driven skill development through active participation in appropriate training, mentoring and certification programs
- Consults with subject matter experts and project team members to identify and document potential business and technology solutions
- Coordinates or leads project or initiative tasks with relevant team members and stakeholders.
- Manages day-to-day business interaction and business expectations in relationship to assigned deliverables, with the guidance of functional manager, project manager, and mentor
- Builds strong relationships with product stakeholders, customers, vendors, subject matter experts and other Professional Services teams
- Identifies process and product improvement opportunities.
- Prepares routine periodic reporting to monitor various components of the payments program.
- Develop knowledge on payment and banking settlement, billing and reconciliation processes.
- Resolves problems, investigates issues, and address with retailers and vendors insuring customer satisfaction.
- Monitor, identify, address and mitigate risk related to fraudulent payment activity and trends.
- Process special assignments as directed within established deadlines.
- Conduct analysis to estimate retailer savings and financial impact of participating in our program and participates in the sales process by reviewing financial benefit benefits with retailers.
- Uses third party service provider tools to prepare reports, research and resolve customer issues.
- Work with customers and vendors to prepare regulatory governed paperwork to board customers on vendor and card brand systems.
- Develop and secure a comprehensive understanding of the payment transaction types including credit, debit, EBT, eWIC, gift card, check authorization FSA cards.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the interrelationships between multiple payment systems within the processing environment and transaction lifecycle.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree & 5-8 yrs experience; or
- 10 yrs relevant experience.
- Strong grocery, frozen, dairy product knowledge is required.
- Wholesale buying and/ or Retail experience required. Complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards.
- Full knowledge of industry practices.
- Technical expertise on Payment processing systems including POS systems, Payment terminals, third party vendor systems
- Expert in industry regulatory and security standards
- Knowledge of regulatory standards
- In-depth knowledge on account reconciliation process and tools used to train and support customers
- Duties are more varied and complex.
- Develop solutions to a variety of complex and difficult problems.
- May refer to established precedents and policies.
- Applies general concepts of field and general analysis.
- Work is performed under general direction.
- Applies previous experience and education to tasks of moderate complexity.
- Participates in determining objectives of assignment.
- Independently determines and develops approaches to solutions.
- Plans, schedules, and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives.
- Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- May lead projects and provide direction to junior levels.
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.