As a company critical to the needs of everyday people, we are remaining open despite the ongoing situation with COVID-19 and are looking to hire people just like YOU to help keep America fed and stocked with supplies.
Join our amazing team at our Tony's Fine Foods Distribution Center!Receiving Team Associate - MUST have Forklift Experience!
STARTING PAY: $18/hour, raises up to $23.50!!
HOURS: 3:30AM-12PM, work Sundays.
BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, and much more!!POSITION PURPOSE:
Responsible for having a strong understanding of the entire warehouse and receiving procedures. Also needs to understand the products, receiving procedures, and back stock put away procedures. A receiver is responsible for moving product off trucks, monitoring the quality of product, entering it into inventory, and properly putting product in its respective staging location.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENTS: Receiver functions are completed in accordance with Company standards and procedures including quality standards and safety regulations. Effective communication and coordination exist with Company personnel and with management. Assistance and support are provided as needed. Deadlines are met. QUALIFICATIONS: REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE
- Checks with supervisors or leads at the beginning of the shift to discuss any issues or changes in the daily procedure.
- Verifies quantities of product received against the packing slip/purchase order.
- Checks and reports any damage found due to refrigeration, travel or handling by inbound freight company.
- Sorts or breakdowns all incoming product. (Eastern Region only)
- Builds steady and secure pallets to be put into back stock reserves.
- Wraps pallets whenever necessary.
- Ensures that all labeling of product and pallets are accurate for put-away in proper pick slot or back stock location
- Keeps area clean and debris out of work area; ensures a safe working environment.
- Inspects assigned jack for safety issues.
- Operates all equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Wears personal protective equipment as required.
- Reports to supervisor or lead any violation of company policy.
- Perform duties in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and procedures, as appropriate for location
- Understanding of Safety guidelines
- Strong knowledge of applicable Bakco functions and RF systems.
- Understand and properly follow all receiving procedures, including how to use Bakco and RF systems.
- Understand all paperwork related to receiving including how to read and use Purchase Order (PO) receivers, Bills of lading, and packing lists.
- Have an understanding of procedures in other areas of the warehouse for a more global understanding of all processes.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.