The Reach Lift Operator is responsible for moving product within the warehouse. A forklift operator at UNFI is required to have a strong understanding of their lift, the loads they are carrying, productivity measures and safety procedures.$22.80/hr + incentivesOffering a $3000 Sign-On Bonus! $1500 paid @ 90 days and $1500 paid @ 180 daysEssential Functions and Basic Duties:
- Reports to the shipping office at the beginning of each shift for the daily assignment, vehicle inspection sheet and replenishment discrepancies sheet.
- Inspects assigned lift and completes vehicle inspection sheet.
- Replenishes pick slots using the view request screen. If no requests exist, uses the manual replenish screen to fill empty or almost empty slots.
- Performs knockdowns for selectors when needed.
- Maintains correct counts and logs any discrepancies in inventory.
- Verifies that the correct product is being put in the appropriate pick location.
- Cuts and removes shrink wrap from all knockdowns.
- Removes all empty pallets from pick locations and aisles. Separates the good, bad, and blue pallets and neatly stages in pallet staging area.
- Operates the lift in a safe and efficient manner.
- Perform duties in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and procedures, as appropriate for location.
- High School Diploma/GED preferred
- Prior lift experience
- Experience in shipping/receiving is preferred
- Must have strong knowledge of all warehouse procedures and functions.
- Basic knowledge of purchasing and inventory procedures and policies.
- Understand procedures in other areas of the warehouse for a more global understanding of all processes.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions and to deal with ordinary, standardized situations.
- Ability to perform very basic math skills including adding; subtracting, multiplying, and dividing two-digit numbers; the four basic arithmetic operations with money; and operations with units such as inch, foot, yard; ounce, and pound
- Must be able to safely lift up to 75 pounds continuously as well as pick with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency.
- Must be able to work in a range of temperatures from -10 to 90+.
- Must be available to work and be on call up to six (6) days a week, as needed.
- Must meet 3-month probationary period.
- Experience in a large warehouse/distribution company preferred.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and a drug/physical exam.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.