UNFI is North America's premier food wholesaler delivering the widest variety of products to customer locations throughout North America including natural product superstores, independent retailers, conventional supermarket chains, ecommerce retailers, and food service customers. Warehouse Associates are vital to our organization; they work diligently carefully hand selecting customer orders that feed and nourish millions. We are excited about the work we do and are looking for others who share the same drive and passion.
Responsible for ensuring the quality and safety of the food products. Enforces the Good Manufacturing Practices through the entire facility. Ensures equipment meets the company cleaning standards. Responsible for verifying all labels in the facility. Responsible for supplier interaction and microbiological testing. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Responsible for performing production and roasting line pre-ops for line clearance. These activities include verification that all previous materials and/or products have been removed from the line area, all the line cleaning has been completed by verification of entries/signatures in appropriate documentation and that equipment is set up per SOP instruction.
- Checking and verifying that all HACCP tasks are performed on each production/roasting machine running (CCP's - Metal detector checks and all oil roasting CCP checks).
- Verifying that all labels are accurate and match proof sheets according to FDA label regulations (21CFR101 including Subparts A-E).
- Performs bacteria tests and allergen testing prior to product run.
- Directs the Production staff to ensure that all work areas are kept clean by enforcing GMP's.
- Performs hourly weight checks, flavor checks, bag seam checks and salt checks on each running line to ensure product is consistent throughout the entire run. Proper collection of samples, set up all microbiological testing in lab (setting up petrifilms and testing for Salmonella, E. Coil and Listeria). Proper knowledge of AOAC methods and procedures using 3M Molecular Detection Assay 2. 2
- Read and understand all microbiological testing results.
- Create Certificate of Analysis to be sent out to customers with microbiological testing results.
- Completes production paperwork correctly/accurately on a real time basis. If discrepancies are discovered the specialist shall document such issues on an immediate basis and notify supervisor that a discrepancy has occurred.
- Assists QA Supervisor making samples for sales team.
- Creates and apply labels to sales samples.
- Reviewing and Verifying that production paperwork was filled out correctly and accurately.
- Performs quality receiving inspections on all product, ensures all product meets or exceeds WSF specifications and reviews documents that accompany shipments (ex: COA, etc.).
- Review supplier documentation and contact suppliers to obtain updated documentation.
- Investigate customer complaints and determine root cause and corrective actions.
- Create and provide Product Specifications and Nutritionals for sales Team. Responsible for retained samples from all receiving and production. Responsible for adhering to all applicable written policies and procedures as well as the requirements of current GMP's applicable to his/her activity. Responsible for performing designated verifications assuring the processes are being performed as required by applicable written documents.
- Responsible for training new associates to comply with SQF/FDA Regulatory Requirements.
- Required to be on Food Safety, Safety, HACCP and Crisis Management Teams.
- Ability to be a FDA "Qualified Individual" and SQF Practitioner.
- Performs other job duties as required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.