Inspects all incoming shipments of assigned product groups, as well as product stored in the warehouse. Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Inspects all incoming shipments of assigned product groups, as well as product stored in the warehouse. May rate products according to Company and USDA specifications. Maintains necessary inspections and rejection records.
• Accepts or rejects product based on condition, short weight, transit damage, grade, temperature and other reasons. May reject product without further consultation if product doesn't meet Company's requirements/standards.
• Spot-checks frozen foods to ensure that it complies with the Company's standards and specifications. Maintains necessary rejection records.
• Informs buyers on product quality as necessary.
• Prepares warehouse condition reports as requested.
• May organize shipping schedule for all items having different degrees of maturity. Gives shipping instructions to assembly via warehouse supervision.
• Determine the dollar cost and cause of warehouse shrink due to spoilage. Make recommendations to management regarding reduction in shrink.
• Maintain logs and record of spoilage, including information on overbuying, lack of retail performance, weak produce, etc. Prepare monthly and quarterly recaps for review by management.
• Ensures that appropriate personnel are trained in the proper handling, storage, rotation, and selection of produce to be shipped to the retail units. Ensure that shipping crews are provided with daily information on lots to be shipped.Job Requirements:
• Previous Retail Department Manager or 2 - 4 years wholesale/retail experience.
• Must possess leadership ability to motivate others to achieve desired results. Deal effectively with a wide variety of people on a daily basis.
• Strong analytical skills required for data interpretation and analysis. Computer skills in word-processing and spread sheet software preferred.
• Possess good communication skills, including verbal and written.
• In addition to the above: 3 + years experience as an inspector.
• Capable of inspecting the more unusual loads of ethnic/imported goods more susceptible to contamination.
• Assists in the training of new quality assurance inspectors.
• Assists warehousing in slotting temperature requirements of all items.
• Plans ripening cycles to ensure bananas are available when needed for store orders
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.