A warehouse order selector uses a power pallet jack to navigate the warehouse to pick orders utilizing a vocollect headset system. You will be responsible for safely and accurately pulling and gathering orders of goods in our perishable warehouse. As an order selector, you will palletize the orders, shrink wrap the pallets, and place them in the assigned locations.Rate of Pay:
40+ hours per week
Union Benefits Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Continual lifting of 2-3 cases/minute with most cases between 40-70 lbs. with the occasional case up to 100 lbs.
- Must be able to use a voice controlled headset for receiving orders verbally and operate a power pallet jack to transport products.
- Able to pick with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work in a range of temperatures from -10° to +90 .
- Must be willing to adhere to industrial engineered time efficiency standards. Reports adjustments to inventory counts, spoilage or damage to stock, location changes, and out of stocks.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to work in temperatures ranging from -10 to 80 required.
- Must be able to use a voice controlled headset for receiving orders verbally and operate a power pallet jack to navigate the warehouse(s). Experience with double pallet jack is preferred.
- Must be able to pick on standards due to production requirements.
- Must be able to work the required schedule and/or overtime, which could involve nights, holidays or weekends.
- This is a bargaining unit position; employees are required to join the Teamster's local Union 439 within 30 days of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.