The production nights position is to ensure the accuracy of product packing. The position will communicate with others to ensure the packing area is functioning accurately. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for packing retail bags into a master case.
- Responsible for quality and integrity of the packages (codes, quality of seal, quality of label application, weight of package, accuracy of labels).
- Responsible for accuracy of case configuration (number of bags per case).
- Load the equipment(Hopper) with raw products to start production.
- Must be able to stack pallets.
- Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the area.
- Notifies machine operator or supervisor or QA/QC technician when quality issues are noted.
- Must adhere to all GMP and Food Safety standards.
- Other related tasks during packaging operation as assigned by Supervisor.
- Perform duties in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical Points (HACCP) and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and procedures, as appropriate for location.
- Performs other job duties as required.
- Production/operations preferred but not required
- System Implementation Preferred
- Understands Safety guidelines
- Knowledge of applicable production management system (prod)
- Detail oriented, good organizational skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors
- Ability to operating powered equipment
- Dependable, responsible team player
- Have an understanding of procedures in other areas of the production for a more global understanding of all processes.
- Ability to climb stairs, ladder etc.
- Able to lift up to 50lbs
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.