Oversees all Warehouse activities on all shifts to ensure all functions are performed following Company and Distribution guidelines.Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Supervises warehousing activities to ensure that both incoming and outgoing product are handled properly using proper training, accuracy systems and programs.
• Plans and assigns work for most efficient use of personnel and equipment, ensuring that production standards are being maintained.
• Coordinates with Inventory Control personnel to guarantee proper product rotation, slotting and space allocation.
• Develops and maintains good working relationship with retail division and store personnel. Works with customers, in person when necessary, to resolve complaints such as bad loads, damage, mispicks, out-of-stock, and delivery schedules.
• Ensures that all personnel on a daily basis adhere to all safety, security, sanitation, and pest control codes, laws and policies.
• Works with Facility Maintenance Manager to ensure that equipment is properly maintained and that any repairs are handled quickly and economically.
• Develops weekly, quarterly and annual goals and MBO's.
• Interfaces with warehouse management, transportation, human resources, and buyers to maintain efficiencies and service levels. Recommends and implements improvements in warehouse practices to promote efficiency, faster service and lower costs.
• Prepares and effectively administers department budget. Authorizes overtime and work to control costs. Evaluates capital expenditures and prepare requisitions and recommendations.
• Develops sizing information to ensure proper utilization of warehouse space.
• Coordinates with Human Resources regarding staffing needs.
• Prepares agendas and direct Safety Committee meetings, in accordance with the Safety Matrix; recommend additions or changes in safety procedures and policies.Job Requirements:
• Previous extensive experience and/or formal training or education in warehouse operations, preferably with the Company or in the grocery industry.
• Possess thorough knowledge of material handling equipment, traffic management to include truck and rail deliveries and transportation. Must have working knowledge of government regulations pertaining to warehouse operations.
• Possess good leadership skills and the ability to supervise the work of others. Must be able to motivate and work with and through others to achieve desires results.
• Possess good communication skills, both verbal and written. Deal effectively with a wide variety of people both in person and over the telephone.
• Basic computer skills required and personal computer experience, with work processing and spreadsheet applications preferred.
• Requires the analytical ability to handle administrative duties and mental alertness to ensure accurate, safe, and thorough completion of work activities. Possess ability to concentrate and deal with frequent interruptions.
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.