Responsible for the prompt repair and ongoing maintenance of facilities, equipment, and company vehicles. Identify, monitor and troubleshoot problems. Keep records of work performed and complete maintenance history logs. Control and account for equipment. Ensure operation of safe and functionally sound equipment. Maintain grounds and clears parking lots. Maintain and order supplies and parts as needed. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
• Maintain and repair Epoxy floor as needed
• Maintain racking - replace and move orange bars
• Maintain and repair facilities including basic plumbing (bathroom repairs) and electrical systems.
• Maintain grounds, parking lots, and driveways. Clears snow.
• Provide recommendation to repair or replace poorly functioning equipment.
• Efficiently prioritizes repair schedule to ensure an uninterrupted production schedule.
• Conduct regular facilities inspections.
• Assist in developing a preventive maintenance schedule.
• Ensure an adequate inventory of necessary spare parts and materials is maintained.
• Assist personnel as needed. Communicate regularly with personnel to ensure that repairs and maintenance needs are met and coordinated with production schedules.
• Keep management informed of areas activities and of significant concerns. Report major concerns or significant problems.
• Ensure work area is clean, secure and well maintained.
• Re-keys locks. Dock door/plate repair
• Perform duties in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and procedures, as appropriate for location 2 QUALIFICATIONS: REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE:
• Understanding of Safety guidelines
• Able to read and understand blueprints and technical reference manuals.
• Knowledge of production functions.
• Understanding of equipment operation and maintenance procedures. EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Two years of on-the-job experience with electronics and mechanical equipment.
• Machining and fabrication experience helpful SKILLS/ABILITIES:
• Excellent mechanical aptitude
• Ability to work well independently
• Able to cooperate and communicate well with others
• Well organized and attentive to detail.
• Basic computer skills
• Able to use various hand tools
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.