Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Responsible for the maintenance and repair of all evaporators, condensers, compressors, vessels and pumps including overhauls and rebuilds.
• Keep accurate records of repairs and walk through inspections on entire refrigeration system.
• Maintain acceptable record keeping system to comply with EPA (including PSM and PHA compliance), OSHA, ANSI and Homeland Security.
• Responsible for the annual reporting of testing and inspection of Vibration Testing, Oil Sample Analysis, Refrigeration Water Treatment and Thermo-graphic Scans.
• Assist with preventive maintenance and repair of HVAC (office air conditioning system).
• Assist with preventative maintenance and repair of high speed doors in coolers and freezers.
• Assist with general building maintenance, dock doors, dock levelers, electrical, and plumbing.
• Maintain acceptable records and walk through inspections of the fire suppression system.
• CARO Certification (Certified Assistant Refrigeration Operator).
• Performs all duties in a timely, efficient, & professional manner.
• Maintains a neat, clean and safe work area. Relevant Experience, Education, Certification, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Two years ammonia and HVAC experience
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Able to perform duties with a high degree of accuracy and care to avoid breakdowns.
• Abel to respond to direct and radio requests as soon as possible.
• Computer literate.
• Must possess a valid driver's license.
• Ability to read and comprehend manuals, prints, and work orders.
• General record keeping skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Must be willing to learn and be certified in daily ammonia operations and fire suppression systems operations.
• Must be willing to travel for training (on-the-job and classroom settings).
• Demonstrated aptitude toward adherence to company policies and with excellent attendance, safety and productivity records.
• General knowledge of warehouse systems.
• Must be willing to adhere to on-call schedule, once initial training phase is completed.
• Must be willing to work in all areas of the warehouse.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.