DISCOVER WHAT'S NEXT for your career!
We connect farms to families. And now, you can be a part of that. As a warehouse associate, you matter. You aren't just moving product and material within various warehouse environments of fluctuating temperatures, you are doing the work that nourishes millions. We are excited about what we do and we want people who can get excited with us.
FULL TIME $19/hr. plus $1.25/hr night premium when applicable! $2/hr. more on weekend work.SHIFT OPTIONS
- Competitive pay & benefits.
- Growth and professional development opportunities.
- We're committed to listening and responding to feedback.
- Recognition for great work, company events and picnics, and much more.
- Full-time employment opportunity.
- 9am-until shift ends-typically 10-12 hours- (Sun-Thurs or Tues-Sat)
- 11pm-7:30am (Sun-Thurs)
- 3x13 HOURS- 4pm-5:30am or 8:30pm-10am- (Sun-Tues or Wed-Fri) (REACH ONLY)
Responsible for moving product. A forklift operator at United Natural Foods is required to have a strong understanding of his lift, the loads he/she is carrying, productivity measures and safety procedures.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENTS:Operating a forklift in accordance with Company standards and procedures including quality standards and safety regulations.Effective communication and coordination exist with Company personnel and with management.Assistance and support are provided as needed.Deadlines are met.REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE
- Reports to the shipping office at the beginning of each shift for the daily assignment, vehicle inspection sheet and replenishment discrepancies sheet.
- Inspects assigned lift and completes vehicle inspection sheet.
- Replenishes pick slots using the view request screen. If no requests exist, uses the manual replenish screen to fill empty or almost empty slots.
- Performs knockdowns for selectors when needed.
- Maintains correct counts and logs any discrepancies in inventory.
- Verifies that the correct product is being put in the appropriate pick location.
- Cuts and removes shrink wrap from all knockdowns.
- Removes all empty pallets from pick locations and aisles. Separates the good, bad, and blue pallets and neatly stages in pallet staging area.
- Keeps area clean and debris out of work area.
- Operates the lift in a safe and efficient manner.
- Parks and recharges lift in its appropriate spot at the end of the shift.
- Immediately informs a lead, supervisor, or manager of any potential safety violations or violation of company policy.
- Perform duties in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and procedures, as appropriate for location
- Previous Stand Up, Reach Truck, Hi-Lo, Cherry Picker or OP experience required.
- Strong knowledge of applicable Bakco functions and RF systems.
- Warehouse/Operations preferred but not required
- System implementation experience is preferred
- Have an understanding of procedures in other areas of the warehouse for a more global understanding of all processes.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions and to deal with ordinary, standardized situations.
- Ability to perform very basic math skills including adding; subtracting, multiplying, and dividing two digit numbers; the four basic arithmetic operations with money; and operations with units such as inch, foot, yard; ounce, and pound.
- Able to read and communicate in English.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.