Responsible for planning, developing, and implementing sales and marketing activities to increase market share in key accounts such as WalMart. Directs strategic planning, communicates goals and objectives to Company personnel, oversees the activities of Field Sales Representatives as they relate to key accounts, and ensures that operational plans are effectively implemented. Tracks revenue goals and contribution margins, oversees budget, and completes reporting requirements as scheduled. Meets or exceeds goal expectations and ensures that professional relations exist with resellers, third party suppliers, and external contacts. Keep Senior Management well informed of area operations. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Focus on all category management for WalMart and respond in a timely manner to all opportunities to present new and existing product lines to customers
- Prepare and execute business reviews for WalMart-based accounts that include short, mid and long term goals for brand building including presentation of key account business reviews.
- Effectively able to forecast customers period sales and outline key drivers/opportunities for profit or topline losses.
- Ability to draft, execute and track customer business plans through detailed building blocks.
- Management of Approved Product List, including additions & deletions, promotions and EDI price file maintenance.
- Follow-thru on key account plans & objectives with reaching budgeted net sales and cost objectives. Oversee budget analyses and reporting. Measure progress toward established goals and communicate results to appropriate personnel. Effective communication of all programs with field sales team along with timely communication of business needs and opportunities to key sales.
- Interact closely with marketing, sales, finance and all other internal customer(s)
- Provides industry, economic, and competitive information to assist in developing sales and marketing programs, merchandising decisions, distribution strategies, and training processes. Prospect for new business opportunities to expand market share.
- Ensures that sales and marketing plans, goals, and policies are consistent with established Company-wide goals.
- Ensures that Field Sales Representatives are well informed of operations and are contacted and updated as necessary.
- Directs training programs to ensure that Field Sales Representatives understand and implement sales and marketing plans effectively.
- Submits accurate, timely, and complete reports to management as scheduled. Ensures that reports and records are accessible and meaningful for decision making processes.
- Maintains excellent customer relations. Meets or exceeds client expectations and established deadlines.
- Communicates appropriately with key account representatives. Ensures that information is conveyed as appropriate and that lines of communication are open.
- Cultivates and fosters team building and cooperation, and motivates team members to achieve goals and further career development.
- Provides assistance and support as needed.
- Performs other job duties as required.
- Bachelor Degree in business, management, marketing or a related field, or an equivalent combination of experience and training
- Three (3) to five (5) years managing conventional key accounts and related processes
- Previous experience managing a trade spend budget, promotional calendar, planogram resets and category management.
- Previous experience managing Walmart accounts and familiarity with their specific promotional tactics and strategies, planogram processes, etc.
- Previous exposure to Walmart's cost analytics process.
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Strong working knowledge of Walmart's retail link point of sale (POS) system
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Strong analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, must be well organized, motivated and able to recognize and support UNFI philosophy
- Excellent public relations and presentation skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Good accounting and business math skills
As a condition of employment, this position is subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
- Criminal Background Check
- Employment Reference Check
UNFI believes in a diverse and accommodating workplace. UNFI encourages and promotes applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, disability or otherwise. UNFI is committed to providing full accommodation for persons with disabilities in all active processes and procedures including but not limited to the recruitment process. To request any accommodation you may require to participate in the recruitment process.