The Inbound Logistics Analyst is responsible for analyzing complex supplier freight pricing components and basic supplier conversion through the IBL Freight Pricing process; using analytic tools and a robust understanding of UNFI's supply chain network. The Inbound Logistics Analyst will be the point of contact for the Supplier Relationship Management department in regards to supplier freight pricing reviews. In addition, the Inbound Logistics Analyst is also responsible for compiling monthly freight pricing data that will be used for strategic decision making Job Responsibilities:
- In addition to supplier freight reviews, complete complex analysis, including private
- label suppliers and VSP conversions.
- Monitor Supplier off invoice allowance data and complete necessary steps to correct inconsistencies or errors.
- Fluent in supplier related MRS reports, such as Supplier Freight Billing and EOM
- Financial Recap reports, and is able to interpret and recommend solutions.
- Leads supplier conversations relative to specific Freight Pricing responsibilities, sets expectations, tracks course correction and presents to management.
- Able to perform basic managerial activities in the absence of the National Development Manager.
- Able to articulate and present freight pricing proposals professionally and accurately.
- Single point of contact for SRM for freight pricing analysis.
- Provides professional communication to SRM and answers inquiries in a timely fashion.
- Consistently monitors supplier freight form information for correct execution, as well as, record pertinent information accurately for tracking and reporting.
- Core understanding of the Inbound Logistics Coordinators role in the UNFI Supply Chain.
- Additional tasks as required.
- Bachelor degree preferred or equivalent related experience
- 2 -4 years related experience
- Previous Analytics/Logistics/Transportation experience
- System Implementation preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office product applications (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Knowledge of management reporting techniques and presentation styles
- Understanding of operational model for wholesale distribution company
- Excellent written and oral communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills are required
- Ability to critically think and apply reason for discovering solutions and efficiencies
- Ability to work in an office environment, phone skills required.
- Ability to prioritize multiple requests and responsibilities in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work well with internal and external business partners
- Ability to balance short-term vs. long-term demands
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.