The HR Talent Partner is responsible for developing a strong consulting partnership with senior leaders to understand the business strategy of the assigned client group. Represents the voice of their clients and promotes business focused talent solutions and strategies to meet talent needs. Provides coaching and leadership development support.Job Responsibilities:
Strategic Business Partnership
- Identify, recommend, and lead key strategic talent initiatives such as leadership development, workforce and succession planning, talent management, performance management, and organizational design and development. Partner with the People & Change team on program development as needed.
- Consult with leadership to drive talent strategies that are aligned to the business strategy and that support organizational direction and culture.
- Design and implement leadership development strategies for the company, with close alignment to the business and succession planning outcomes.
- Collaborate with leaders on best practices and methods on professional development plans, career pathing, and succession plans with focus on senior leaders and key talent
- Provides HR execution support for VP+ leaders.
- Maintain knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices in employment law, human resources, and talent management.
- Consults with business leaders to uncover talent related needs and to identify solutions / develop strategies to meet those needs. Partners with HR COEs to design programs and tools and HRBPs to deploy solutions
- Provides coaching to VP and above, utilizing coaching tools and techniques, with the goal of making the leader and entire team successful.
- Participates and collaborates in leadership meetings of assigned function.
- Develops talent strategies & KPIs for assigned support functions, examples include strategic workforce planning, engagement actions as well as diversity and inclusion actions.
- Identifies metrics tracked throughout the organization. Derives insights from metrics, reports insights to business leaders and uses insights to promote talent focused solutions.
- Influences, consults and coaches on best practices in talent management/leadership development.
- Supports leaders in identifying challenges, defining concrete goals to address those challenges, and providing thought partnership and accountability to guide clients from where they are now to where they want to go.
- Designs and assess the business strategies against talent pools and help co-design talent strategies to improve succession pipelines, talent readiness, inclusion and retention.
- Deploy core talent processes for organizations, including the annual talent review and performance management process.
- Develop a plan based on the outcomes of the talent review process and execute against it to ensure robust succession plans for identified roles. Conduct quarterly talent conversations with leadership teams to facilitate ongoing focus on talent development and succession plans to ensure that we are creating a strong diverse leadership bench for the future
- Analyze the health of and actively manage key talent pools (for example High Potentials, Diverse Talent, Successors, etc.) through actively engaging and monitoring the development of this talent, i.e. personal connections, monitor progress of development plans, etc.
Engagement & Associate Experience
- Responsible for implementing the workforce and talent agenda, creating a compelling experience that attracts the right people in a competitive market and drives enterprise productivity, in partnership with Talent Acquisition.
- Forecasts current and future talent needs for assigned function. Maintains and updates a succession plan for leadership and proactively identifies next generation leaders. Executes annual talent review process for assigned function.
- Responsible for being a steward of the company culture.
- Assesses and monitors associate engagement on a proactive, ongoing basis. Analyzes survey results and trends, creates action plans and work systematically to address opportunities and sources of associate disengagement.
- Drives change management among leaders to ensure strategic changes that impact associates are rolled out in an engaging, well communicated and reinforced way.
- Advises leaders on effective onboarding strategies and plans to ensure successful assimilation of new hires.
Performs other relevant job duties as required.Job Requirements:Education/ Certifications
: (Required & Preferred)
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field
- SPHR / SHRM-CP Preferred
- 7+ years of HR experience, or related field
- Human Resources techniques in the areas of talent, engagement and workforce planning
- Prior Talent Management experience or consulting experience for a matrixed organization
- Subject matter expertise in talent planning, performance management, talent review and succession planning, competency modeling/role profiling
- Track record of success working in a highly matrixed organization
- Experience taking data analytics and turning into insights / action plans
- Experience providing HR support to senior leaders
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal
- Strong analytical skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.