The primary function of the GM/HBC Sales Consultant is to build sales in the area of GM/HBC Merchandising to independent banner stores through education, suggestive selling and product placement. The Consultant will help drive UNFI sales and profit with our customers. The GM/HBC Sales Consultant will be an advocate for UNFI and our customers.Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Creating strategic programs to grow sales with GM/HBC merchandise with the independent customers through seasonal items, cross merchandising and product placement.
- Creating strategic programs to build GM/HBC merchandising within assigned stores,
- Managing assigned stores in territory to include budgeting and monitoring purchases, assisting stores in managing new/discounted items and training of Non-Food Managers where needed.
- Planning, directing and implementing store resets and conversions.
- Analyzing assigned accounts for growth opportunities and implementing to increase stores PCR and departmental distribution.
- Selling all GM/HBC catalogs, surveys, and selling vehicles.
- Educating retailers on the importance of GM/HBC within the store in order to grow sales and profitability.
- Performs other relevant job duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred but not required. A degree in business, marketing or similar quantitative field preferred.
- Minimum three to five years' experience with GM/HBC Merchandising.
- Organizational and Project Management experience a plus
- Financial, mathematical, statistical, marketing and/or merchandising background to read, interpret, and understand how internal and external factors influence financial results.
- Ability to transfer knowledge to retail teams for implementation at store level.
- Possess a high degree of self-management, problem solving and analytical ability. Must have ability to interact across various teams to work with and through others to achieve desired results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to develop and maintain effective business relationships within and outside of the company. Must have the ability to represent the Company's interests to outside professionals and vendors.
- Proficient computer skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Data Warehouse/Ad Hoc/Nielsen experience preferred but not required.
- Strong math and analytical skills.
- Some work is performed in a temperature-controlled office environment. Incumbent may stand for long periods of time at store resets.
- Incumbent may use calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment in the course of normal workday. Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching required in completion of job duties.
- 75% Travel is required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.