Responsible for the logistical coordination of all purchase orders applying to the assigned lanes, consolidation distribution centers, and carriers for this position. This position acts as the single point of contact between UNFI Replenishment, UNFI Operations, and 3PL Partners (Carriers) to achieve the highest quality of logistics performance and service level expectations at the optimal cost. This includes all coordination and communication from product pick up to final destination while balancing freight costs, monitoring transit times, and internal operations schedules. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Point of contact between IBL carriers/UNFI fleet providing load tender instructions & ETA requirements
- Schedules and monitors all purchase orders in specified lanes or distribution centers.
- Internal/external communication related to specific PO's.
- Maintains eta accuracy within the TMS system.
- Responsible for ensuring the prompt receipt of specified purchase orders.
- Advises appropriate personnel regarding completion, transit, and delivery dates or possible delays.
- Understanding of DC operations responsibilities of Crossdock, Backhaul, Routing, Receiving, Selection, etc.
- General understanding of service level and logistics cost metrics.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent and/or equivalent related experience.
- Familiar with applicable Warehouse Management Systems functions, and Transportation Management Systems.
- One year experience in a Distribution Center and/or Logistics/Supply Chain or Purchasing
- General experience in Microsoft Office product applications (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Good working relationships and coordination with internal and external business partners
- Efficient service level, on time metrics and Freight Cost metrics
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills, and phone etiquette
- Ability to prioritize multiple request and responsibilities in a fast-paced environment while maintaining accuracy and timeliness
- Understanding of the Master Scheduling role in Supply Chain
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.