This position resides on the Margin Insights and Development team, which is responsible for identifying opportunities, providing insights and partnering with the business to drive and deliver on margin enhancement projects to support strategic initiatives. The team will work with their business partners to develop detailed action plans with timelines that define, quantify and execute on these opportunities. This position will support key margin analysis and the research of large data sets. The Analyst will provide bandwidth for focus area of support, working with all levels of the organization to incorporate analytic efforts into margin projections and business decision support.Job Responsibilities:
- Evaluate new business opportunities, investigate profitability opportunities and perform financial and operational analysis.
- Aggregate manage and standardize critical business and operations data into functional KPI Dashboards. Owns communication and analysis associated with reporting efforts.
- Develops and provides ownership of complex short term (1 year) and provides support for long term (3 - 5 year) forecasting models. Predominantly driver based from multi-function business activity inputs.
- Supports process improvements and strategic initiatives within functional area. Proven ability to analyze business process and provide suggestions for improvement.
- Able to articulate impact of analysis, modeling, business decision support on key financial measures (i.e. Gross Profit, Operating Margin, DOH, DSO, etc).
- Responsible for weekly/monthly/quarterly reporting and updates to management team to monitor Margin performance.
- Uses vast experience to drive most strategic and complex of financial analysis. Is subject matter expert in group and is utilized to train and develop other team members.
- Acts as an internal consultant and partners cross functionally with the Regional operations and finances teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field required.
- 3-5 years FP&A experience required.
- Expresses ideas and information in a clear and concise manner, tailors message to fit the interests and needs of the audience. Able to listen closely to identify important facts, assumptions and relevant information.
- Strong business acumen.
- Financial modeling experience. Possess excellent research and analysis skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others within a complex, fast paced organization required.
- Strong teamwork ethic, positive proactive flexible attitude ability to take complete ownership of responsibilities.
- Experience with data visualization tools ie. Tableau, Power BI is a plus.
- Experience with TM1 and/or Hyperion Essbase a plus.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access and related software applications.
- Some travel may be required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.