Sunday through Thursday, 3:00pm to 11:30pmJob Overview:
Maintain the distribution center's fleet of tractor trailer trucks and trailers (dry and refrigerated). Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Troubleshoot and perform major and general repairs to the fleet of tractor trailer trucks and trailers (dry and refrigerated) in accordance with company policies and DOT and state laws.
- Maintain preventive maintenance schedule on all equipment.
- Handle road calls for break downs, as needed.
- Have certification from an accredited mechanic program (ASE and CDL air brake certified).
- Have a valid Class A CDL.
- Able to drive tractor trailer trucks.
- Have knowledge of OSHA and DOT compliance regulations and perform duties at a high degree of accuracy to avoid mechanical breakdowns.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds regularly and 75 pounds occasionally.
- Be computer literate and able to handle road calls.
- Have own tools up to ¾" and be able to use pneumatic tools.
- Able to handle exposure to grease, oil, paint fumes, diesel fuel fumes and temperature ranges from 20 to 90 degrees.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.