DISCOVER WHAT'S NEXT for your career!
We connect farms to families. And now, you can be a part of that. As a Fleet Mechanic, you matter. You aren't just Responsible for diagnosing and repairing medium to heavy-duty refrigerated trucks and trailers under minimal supervision, you are doing the work that nourishes millions. We are excited about what we do and we want people who can get excited with us.
- Competitive pay & benefits.
- Growth and professional development opportunities.
- We're committed to listening and responding to feedback.
- Recognition for great work, company events and picnics, and much more.
- Full-time employment opportunity.
POSITION PURPOSE: Repairs and performance preventative maintenance on trailers, tractors and yard tractors at the DC. Responsible for diagnosing and repairing medium to heavy-duty refrigerated trucks and trailers under minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
• Repair Preventative Maintenance inspections and repairs
• Air and hydraulic brake repairs
• Tire repairs
• Warranty procedures
• Driveline, steering & suspension
• Electrical trouble-shooting
• Ability to diagnose and repair lift gates, weld and fabricate as needed
• AC and other duties as assigned.
• Assist other Mechanics in repairs and will be expected to comply with Safety and EPA procedures and continue to learn additional mechanical duties such as advanced diagnostics, internal engine and transmission repairs.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
• Prefer certifications in tire & wheel, brakes, AC &/or EPA, engine rebuild, DOT inspections, transmissions, engines.
• Must have a Valid Driver's License 21 years of age or older.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
• 5 years of proven medium to heavy-duty vehicle repair including: PM's, tire & wheel, air & hydraulic brakes, diagnosis, computerized diagnostics, electrical trouble-shooting, electronic component repair and a minimum of 2 years' experience in refrigeration &/or overhauls and rebuilds of heavy-duty diesel engines and transmissions.
• 5+ years' work experience post completion of trade qualification.
• Some experience with Thermo King and Carrier refrigeration units.
• Must be able to read codes and instructions on the computer.
• Must be able to document repairs on the computer
• Must possess at minimum a set of hand tools up to (3/4").
• Ability to work flexible schedules including shift work, weekends, holidays and on-call rotations for roadside assistance.
• Strong verbal & documentation skills.
• Dependable, responsible team player with a positive attitude
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.