The Field Sales Rep will be a key part of our Field Sales organization servicing our customers on Long Island, creating partnering relationships of trust, integrity, customer satisfaction and loyalty with key accounts.Who We Are
Do you want to be a part of a mission that matters? At UNFI, our purpose is to connect farms to families by delivering more organic and natural food to more plates across North America because everyone deserves to have healthier food options. We discover what's next by building new ideas and possibilities that drive the industry forward. We are pioneers who every day deliver new choices that shape the foodscape.
We believe that:
A Bit About You...
- Freedom of food choice matters
- Discovering what's next keeps us vital
- We're not afraid to get our hands dirty
- We're here to connect food, people and the planet
- New routes can take us anywhere
- Scale drives our ability to positively impact lives
- There is no limit to fresh ideas
- Sustainability is our responsibility
Key Job Functions:
- You wake up in the morning with a passion to make a difference
- You have a proven track record of meeting and exceeding customer expectations
- You have excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
- You are comfortable in a highly open, dynamic and collaborative company culture
- You have demonstrated the ability to drive new business and close sales
- Responsible for effectively and displaying store merchandise.
- Develop a routine to assure prompt arrival at customer location after truck delivery. Travel from account to account, stocking and rotating delivered items. Return misplaced items to correct locations. Ensures the neat and orderly appearance of sales displays.
- Assist in hanging shelf tags and promotional POS/POP materials and resets. Assist with promotional presentations and sales programs as assigned.
- Work to prevent damage and theft of merchandise, and preserves materials in saleable condition.
- Responsible for maintaining effective business relations with customers.
- Record requests for merchandise, orders products, and notifies customers promptly. Process merchandise returns and issue credits according to company policy.
- Accurately complete required reports.
- Perform duties in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and procedures, as appropriate for location
- Follow through on requests for services or products while keeping customers well informed of order status. Keep management informed of area activities and of any significant concerns.
- High school graduate or equivalent related experience.
- Valid driver's license necessary. Auto insurance levels that meet UNFI requirements.
- Minimum one year of related experience. Prior customer service experience in a retail setting.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Organization skills and attention to detail.
- Basic math abilities.
- Ability to get in and out of car multiple times per day and able to spend up to 30% of the day in the car traveling to and from accounts safely in city, rural and expressway conditions.
- Ability to set up displays, fixtures, shelving and products. Able to tolerate exposure to store and warehouse conditions including wide variances in temperature, dust and dirt.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
- Additional Locations: United States of America, New York, Long Island
- Schedule: Full-time