Start the year fresh with a BRAND NEW State of the Art facility in Allentown, PA!
Join our team and immediately become part of the largest distributor of conventional, natural, organic and specialty products in the United States and Canada. We serve over 43,000 customer locations with 200,000 different products. Our Warehouse associates supply thousands of consumers with better for you food that nourishes families nationwide. Our retailers range from small family owned stores to Wholefoods Markets and everything in between. Are you ready to make an impact on the lives of others and feel good about what you do? . Job responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development and implementation of project planning and procedures for the facility.
- Assists Senior Management in developing short and long term goals and strategies. Provides suggestions and recommendations.
- Responsible for effective communication, coordination, and working relationships with external clients, customers, contractors, and officials.
- Maintains budgets and future estimates for individual projects. Ensures compliance to budgets.
- Responsible for the efficient, timely, and accurate completion of facility maintenance functions.
- Initiates and negotiates bids with contractors.
- Monitors and supervises production quality. Oversees inspection and testing of projects and identifies problems and resolves them quickly and effectively.
- Regulates work flow to ensure maximum efficiency. Monitors utilization of equipment, facilities, and personnel.
- Monitors all engineering operations for compliance with established safety policies and regulations.
- Trains, advises, and counsels employees and provides suggestions to improve performance and productivity.
- Conducts performance appraisals as assigned.
- Responsible for maintaining effective communication, coordination, and working relationships with Company personnel and management.
- Works closely with other departments to maintain schedules and implement changes and revisions in operational procedures.
- Calls for maintenance on vending machines and miscellaneous equipment.
- Assists in OSHA reviews as requested
Associate's Degree preferred or equivalent experience.
Knowledge of related computer applications.
Excellent understanding of facility management procedures.
Knowledge of budgeting, service contracts, and leasing agreements.
Three to five years of related experience preferred
Excellent leadership abilities.
Able to organize, coordinate, and direct team activities.
Strong problem solving skills.
Good communications skills.
Ability to use Microsoft Office Applications: Word and Excel.
Good math skills.
Able to use all related maintenance equipment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
- Additional Locations: United States of America
- Schedule: Full-time