ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Performs pre and post trip inspections of vehicle utilizing knowledge of safe and effective loading and handling procedures. Reviews paperwork for completeness and accuracy. Checks orders for correct number of boxes, correct addresses, and support documentation.
- Completes time cards, enters trip data into on-board computer and completes paper logs if necessary. Complies with FMCSA regulations.
- Delivers and unloads products utilizing equipment including tractor trailer, ramps, lift gates, pallet jacks, load bars and other devices which assist delivery. Verifies piece count, leaves the appropriate paperwork and secures the required signatures and store stamps (when applicable) on delivery documents.
- Operates vehicle safely within UNFI guidelines minimizing accidents, traffic violations and complaints from the public.
- Reports any accident immediately to the Transportation Manager/Department.
- Keeps vehicles well maintained, safe, and secure. Reports any defects promptly using DCVR form.
- Picks up supplies and back hauls from vendors. Completes related paperwork.
- Attends mandatory drivers meetings, training or administrative sessions as required.
- Maintains the Company's professional reputation to customers, the public and company employees. Projects professional image by dressing in company provided clothing.
- Assumes other related duties as required or assigned.
- Customer orders arrive in quality condition and correspond precisely to customer orders.
- Professional communication exists with customers and vendors.
- Driving and loading functions are performed according to Company standards and safety regulations.
- Delivery schedules are precisely met. Delays are minimized.
- Vehicles are clean and well maintained.
- Good communication and coordination exist with area staff, related departments, customers, and vendors. Management is well informed.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Valid medical card as prescribed by the Federal Motor Carrier Administration and a valid state specific Commercial Drivers License, Class A.
- Ability to pass a written exam and road test.
- Basic knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) laws and mandates.
- Understanding of UNFI's safety standards.
- Prefer minimum of one year verified experience operating a tractor trailer.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good math skills
- Solid understanding of receiving and shipping functions
- Good time management skills
- Strong computer skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.