The Director of Sales Operations is responsible for supporting national strategic initiatives in design, execution and implementing to the sales regions. They are also responsible for collaborating, supporting and leading region-specific strategic initiatives. The role will collaborate with Directors of Sales Operations in the other regions to ensure consistency in execution, communication and delivery to the sales teams. In addition, this role works to ensure sales activities are in conjunction with UNFI's corporate objectives and keeps management informed on critical related items.Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Executes and tracks regional strategic selling initiatives that support the continued profitable growth of the region.
- Directs resources to improve sales and margin by partnering with internal departments on a regular basis to review strategic priorities.
- Supports analytical reviews for key customer facing business reviews.
- Coordinates and collaborates with DC Operations during distribution center transitions to ensure a smooth execution.
- Assists with book of business reviews and account changes on a quarterly basis or as needed.
- Collaborates with finance to review margin enhancement opportunities.
- Serves as sales project lead for critical sales initiatives as defined by leadership.
- Creates and supports standard operating procedures, a common KPI dashboard, and a review cadence.
- Leads team members within assigned region through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication. Manages team members to established metrics. Responsible for mentoring current and new team members within assigned area.
- Possesses strong relationship building ability and influencing skills to pull people together around common goals and company culture.
- Creates and maintains relationships and develops strong partnerships with stakeholders.
- Responsible for implementing training and learning activities throughout the region including the effective execution of sales techniques, product and category training and other related training and sales initiatives.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of training. Worsk with sales leadership to determine the needs of the teams and collaborate with internal departments to deliver center-led training.
- Understands the key business drivers and applies this knowledge to training. Assists with design and administration of training evaluations and feedback tools.
- Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred.
- 5+ years success in sales/account management.
- 3+ years of people management experience. Experience managing and developing people for sales positions.
- Experience in developing and carrying out business plans, sales plans, and commission programs.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge base of Strategic and Core Account Management principles and philosophies.
- Understanding and knowledge of company products. Working knowledge of sales forecasting, programs, promotions and related techniques.
- Working knowledge of Profit and Loss Statements, margin and company profitability.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel & PowerPoint).
- Strong leadership, influencing and management skills.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills. Ability to interact at all levels of business.
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects and teams.
- Ability to exceed at; customer service skills, problem solving, attention to detail and organizational skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.