The Blue Marble Brands (BMB) Director of Sales will play a key role in driving sales and share by developing an effective relationship with our direct customers and key stakeholders. This position will lead the BMB Sales and Customer Service team. . This position will lead our BMB team in the areas of sales plans, item launches and overall communication. This position will partner closely with the Brands leadership team including Brand Marketing, Purchasing and Finance to deliver against our sales and EBITDA budgets.Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of effective sales strategies and policies.
- Researches and analyzes environmental and competitive conditions, customer needs, and market trends. Designs strategies to capitalize on business development opportunities.
- Researches and recommends potential strategic alliances with third parties and other businesses.
- Ensures sales activities are cost effective, efficient, and within established budget constraints.
- Responsible for effectively developing new revenue opportunities with current customers.
- Maintains in depth knowledge of client operations, systems, products, and needs.
- Leverages current client relationships to further expand business development opportunities at all levels.
- Writes proposals and negotiates contracts with customers.
- Responsible for developing new retail channel opportunities with potential clients.
- Identifies and prospects new clients through cold calling, networking, and professional contacts
- Effectively leads the BMB and Customer Service team for optimal performance. This includes effective communication, goal setting, and delegation. Demonstrates desire for continuous improvement in process and system efficiencies.
- Responsible for managing our broker network
- Responsible for coordinating, attending and managing trade shows
- Maintains a current knowledge of industry trends, opportunities, channels, products, and competitors to support the identification of business development opportunities.
- Supports the Brands team as an active participant in concept meetings and ideation of new items and item improvements.
- Responsible for customer selling presentations and update meetings.
- Develops selling materials in partnership with Brand Marketing to best represent BMB.
- Aids in the forecasting activity with the Purchasing team; is connected on service level and procurement status to support sales and customers.
- Collaborates with our Finance team to develop and monitor scorecards to track and improve performance.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Education/ Certifications: (Required & Preferred)
- A bachelor's degree in marketing, advertising or related course of study.
- 10+ years of CPG sales or marketing experience required.
- Experience with ownership of P&Ls required.
- Experience and knowledge of retail merchandising and operations preferred. Experience selling CGP brands across various channels preferred.
- Strong management and leadership skills with proven experience managing staff and budgets
- Requires strong organization and follow-through skills and track record of planning, prioritizing and executing projects
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to work with key stakeholders to drive business results
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and drive results through analytics
- Strong presentation skills both with internal key business owners and customers
- Knowledge of retail and direct distribution channels and promotions strategies.
- Passion for selling brands.
- Travel up to 50% may be required
- Most work is performed in a temperature-controlled office environment
- Incumbent may sit for long periods of time at desk or computer terminal
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Incumbent may use calculators, keyboards, telephone and other office equipment in the course of normal workday
- Stooping, bending, twisting and reaching may be required in completion of job duties
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.