Responsible for strategic planning, organizing, and directing the regional activities of the Operations Department. Develops related budgets, directs operation, transportation and maintenance departments and oversees leasing contracts. Ensures that all buildings, grounds, and equipment are well maintained and in optimal working condition. Develops and implements departmental policies and procedures and ensures that all operations are in accordance with established health and safety regulations. Keeps Senior Management well informed of area activities and significant problems. Trains, directs, and appraises assigned personnel.JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the regional planning, development, and implementation of effective operations policies, procedures, and planning.
- Executes established operational goals and ensures that corporate wide plans are complemented and supported.
- Assists in developing policies and procedures for facilities operations. Conducts periodic reviews of existing policies and procedures to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Ensures appropriate and effective research projects are developed and implemented.
- Responsible for the effective operation of Company facilities. Ensures the security of all Company facilities. Conducts inspections of security systems and implements improvements as necessary.
- Manages space planning. Ensures that the facility layout will accommodate present and future operational and space requirements.
- Conducts periodic inspections of DCs, assesses problems and needs, and implements improvements in operations as appropriate.
- Coordinates maintenance activities. Ensures that facilities are clean, well maintained, and in good repair.
- Ensures that Operations are in compliance with established procedures, policies, regulations and codes.
- Responsible for ensuring the efficient and cost-effective administration of Operations. Completes financial forecasting duties and generates schedules for building expenditures. Ensure compliance with legal regulations and that OSHA requirements are effectively implemented.
- Ensure facilities operations are cost effective, efficient, and within established budget constraints.
- Responsible for ensuring professional business relations with vendors, contractors, and trade professionals.
- Obtains and conveys information as appropriate.
- Promotes goodwill and a positive image of the Company.
- Effectively supervises Facilities Department personnel, ensuring optimal performance.
- Provides leadership to assigned personnel through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication. Conducts regular meetings to ensure that personnel are well informed of changes in policies and procedures. Discusses areas needing improvement.
- Identifies, develops, and implements training programs as appropriate.
- Conducts performance appraisals. Provides measurable feedback to assigned personnel and suggestions for improved performance. Formulates and implements employee corrective actions as needed.
- Ensures that staffing levels are appropriate. Interviews, hires, and assigns personnel as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in related field.
- Related maintenance and facility management training preferred.
- Excellent understanding of facility management procedures.
- Knowledge of budgeting,
- Five or more years of related experience, with at least two or more years of supervisory experience.
- Excellent leadership abilities.
- Able to organize, coordinate, and direct team activities.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Good communications skills.
- Able to use all related maintenance equipment and computer applications.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.